- Volume 8 Issue 9
We examine how women entrepreneurs in contents business experience work/family role conflict and then reveal what kind of conflict management strategies they adopt in varying external and internal conditions. A critical problem faced by female entrepreneur is the tension that exists between their personal lives and business role. This tension is viewed as a form of inter-role conflict in which the role pressure from work and family competes for women's limited time and energy. First, we probe the content and nature of work- family role conflict on the part of female entrepreneurs. Second, we closely look at the three strategies of work/family role manipulation. Family role reduction strategy, work role reduction strategy, and work/family role sharing strategy are identified. Third, we discuss how the choice of the three strategies is affected by internal family salience and the external resources including spouse, family, and financial resources.
- 김영옥, 여성 창업과 경영, 한국여성개발원, 1998.
- 김영옥, 한경희, 여성 정보통신인력의 현황과 발전 방안, 한국여성개발원, 2001.
- 전방지, 김경애, 홍기원, "여성 기업인의 일과 가족:갈등 또는 지원관계", 가족과 문화 제14집, 2002.
- 장혜경, 김영란, 취업주부의 역할분담과 갈등요인에 관한 연구, 한국여성개발원, 1998.
- 손승영, 박숙자, 전방지, 조순경, 진수희, 황석만 , 여성의 일과 삶의 질, 미래인력연구센터, 1999.
- 이지영, 정대용, "여성 관리자의 다중역할몰입이 심리적 안녕감과 관리능력에 미치는 영향과 갈등 관리전략의 조절효과", 중소기업연구, 제29권, 제2 호, pp.147-171, 2006.
- 이재경, 이은아, 김홍주, "기혼 취업여성의 일.가족생활 변화와 한계; 계층 간 차이를 중심으로", 한국여성학, 제22권, 제2호, pp.41-79, 2006.
- Baines and Wheelock, "Working for each other; Gender, the household, and micro business survival and growth," International Small Business Journal, Vol.17, No.1, pp.16-35, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1177/0266242698171001
- R. C. Barnett, "Toward a review and reconceptualization of the work/family literature," Genetic, Social, and General Psychology Monographs, Vol.124, No.2, pp.125-182, 1998.
- R. K. Caputo and A. Dolinsky, "Women's choice to pursue self-employment : The role of financial and human capital of household members," Journal of Small Business Management, Vol.36, No.3, pp.8-17, 1998.
- M. Frone. Russell, and M. Cooper, "Antecedents and Outcomes of Work-Family Conflict : Testing a Model of the Work-Family Interface," Journal of Applied Psychology77, pp.65-78, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.77.1.65
- E. Janiffer and Cliff, "Does One Size Fit All? Exploring the relationship between attitudes toward growth, gender, and business size," Journal of Business Venturing(13), pp.523-542, 1998.
- L. M. Shelton, "Female Entrepreneurs, Work-Family Conflict, and Venture Performance: New Insight into the Work-Family Interface," Journal of Small Business Management, Vol.44, No.2, pp.285-297, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1540-627X.2006.00168.x
- P. Nancy and Rothbard, "Enriching or Depleting? The Dynamics of Engagement in Work and Family Roles," Administrative Science Quarterly, Vol.46, No.4. pp.655-684, 2001. https://doi.org/10.2307/3094827
- N. Noor, "Work-Family Conflict, Work-Family Role Sailence and Women's Well-Being," Journal of Social Psychology, Vol.144, No.4, pp.389-405, 2004. https://doi.org/10.3200/SOCP.144.4.389-406
- C. R. Stoner, R. I. Hartman, and R. Arora, "Work-home role conflict in female owners of small business; An exploratory study," Journal of Small Business Management, Vol.28, No.1, pp.30-38, 1990.