- Volume 8 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Effect of CIMT on the Functional Improvement and BDNF Expression in Hemiplegic Rats Whose Somatomotor Area was Removed
체성운동영역이 제거된 편마비 흰쥐에서 억제 유도치료가 기능향상과 BDNF 발현에 미치는 효과
- Published : 2008.09.28
CIMT(Constraint Induced Movement Therapy) is to improve the function and use of damaged upper limbs by not only confinement of unaffected limbs' exercise but also inducement of affected limbs' one. The purpose of the study is to verify the effect of CIMT by means of motor behaviour test and immunohistochemistry, using animal models. This study was analyzed using 40 male Sprague-Dawley rats as the experimental groups and 40 ones as the control groups. The rats were divided into two random groups : one group as an experimental group which was operated on under anesthesia and removed somatomotor regions with CIMT and the other as the control group without CIMT.Postural Reflex Test, Beam Walking Test, Limb Placement Test and Immunohistochemistry were run on the day 1, 3 , 7 and day 14 following surgery to each 10 rat. As a result, this study demonstrates that CIMT might be an effect method to verify the plasticity of central nervous system as motor behaviour test made all high scores (p<.05) and BDNF was high too in experimental groups.
- 아담스 신경과학 편찬위원회, 신경과학, 정담, 1998.
- B. Bobath, Adult Hemiplegia: Evaluation and treatment, Heinemann Medical Book, 1990.
- D. E. Voss, M. K. Ionta, and B. J. Myers, Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation: Patterns and techniques, Harper & Row Publishers, 1985.
- 남명호, "재활치료를 받은 뇌졸중 환자의 일상생 활 동작평가", 대한재활의학회지, 제15권, 제3호, pp.295-308, 1991.
- C. A. Trombly, Occupational Therapy for Physical Dysfunction, Williams & Wilkins, 1995.
- J. Liepert, W. H. Miltner, H. Bauder, M. Sommer, C. Dettmers, E. Taub, and C. Weiller, "Motor cortex plasticity during constraintinduced movement therapy in stroke patient," Neurosci Lett, Vol.250, No.1, pp.5-8, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0304-3940(98)00386-3
- 김미영, "뇌졸중 상지 기능 평가에 대한 고찰", 대한작업치료학회지, 제2권, 제1호, pp.19-26, 1994.
- E. Taub, N. E. Miller, T. A. Novack, E. W. 3rd Cook, W. C. Fleming, C. S. Nepomuceno, J. S Connell, and J. E. Crago, "Technique to improve chronic motor deficit after stroke," Arch Phys Med Rehabil, Vol.74, No.7, pp.347-354, 1993.
- S. Katzmann and C. Mix, "Improving functional independence in a patient with encephalities through behavior modification shaping techniques," Am J Occup Ther, Vol.48, No.3, pp.259-262, 1994. https://doi.org/10.5014/ajot.48.3.259
- 송주민, 김진상, "외상성 뇌손상의 손상기전과 신경가소성에 대한 고찰", 대한물리치료학회지, 제16권, 제2호, pp.90-98, 2004.
- B. B. Johansson, "Brain plasticity and stroke rehabilitation," Stroke, Vol.31, No.1, pp.223-230, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1161/01.STR.31.1.223
- C. W. Cotman, and N. C. Berchtold, "Exercise a behavioral intervention to enhance brain health and plasticity," Trends Neurosci, Vol.25, No.6, pp.295-301, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0166-2236(02)02143-4
- G. V. Allen and T. Chase, "Induction of heat shock proteins and motor function deficits after focal cerebellar injury," Neuroscience, Vol.102, No.3, pp.603-614, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0306-4522(00)00519-4
- M. S. Rao and M. Jacobson, Developmental Neurobiology, Kluwer Academic, 2005.
- J. F. Brederode, M. K. Helliesen, and A. E. Hendrickson. "Distribution of the calciumbinding proteins parvalbumin and calbindin- D28k in the sensorimotor cortex of the rat," Neuroscience, Vol.44, No.1, pp.157-171, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1016/0306-4522(91)90258-P
- T. A. Jones and T. Schallert, "Use-dependent growth of pyramidal neurons after neocortical damage," Neuroscience, Vol.14, No.4, pp.2140-2152, 1994.
- J. B. Bederson, L. H. Pitts, M. Tsuji, M. C. Nishimura, R. L. Davis, and H. Bartkowski, "Rat middle cerebral artery occlusion; evaluation of the model and development of a neurologic examination." Stroke, Vol.17, No.3, pp.472-476, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1161/01.STR.17.3.472
- L. B. Goldstein and J. N. Davis, "Influence of lesion size and location on amphetaminefacilitated recovery of beam-walking in rats," Behav Neurosci, Vol.104, No.2, pp.320-327, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1037/0735-7044.104.2.320
- M. De Ryck, J. Van Reempts, and M. Borgers, "Photochemical stroke model: Flunarizine pervent sensorimotor deficits after neocortical infarcts in rat," Stroke, Vol.20, No.10, pp.1383-1390, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1161/01.STR.20.10.1383
- J. Carmick, "Clinical use of neuromuscular electrical stimulation for children with cerebral palsy," Part 2: Upper extremity. Phys Ther, Vol.73 No.8, pp.514-522, 1993.
- F. Pulvermüller, B. Neininger, and T. Elbert, "Constraint-induced therapy of chronic aphasia after stroke," Stroke, Vol.32, No.7, pp.1621-1626, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1161/01.STR.32.7.1621
- S. B. DeBow, M. L. Davies, H. L. Clarke, and F. Colbourne, "Constraint-induced movement therapy and rehabilitation exercises lessen motor deficits and volume of brain injury after striatal hemorragic stroke in rats," Stroke, Vol.34, No.4, pp.1021-1026, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1161/01.STR.0000063374.89732.9F
- M. D. Crocker, M. Mackay-Lyons, and E. McDonnell, "Forced use of the upper extremity in cerebral palsy: A single-case design," Am J Occup Ther, Vol.51, No.10, pp.824-833, 1997. https://doi.org/10.5014/ajot.51.10.824
- A. Y. Klintsova, C. Scamra, M. Hoffman, R. M. Napper, C. R. Goodlett, and W. T. Greenough, "Therapeutic effects of complex motor training on motor performance deficits induced by neonatal binge-like alcohol exposure in rats: II. A quantitative stereological study of synaptic plasticity in female rat cerebellum," Brain Res, Vol.937, No.1-2, pp.83-93, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0006-8993(02)02492-7
- T. M. Pham, B. Winblad, A. C. Granholm, and A. H. Mohammed, "Environmental influences on brain neurotrophins in rats," Pharmacol Biochem Behavior, Vol.73, No.1, pp.167-175, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0091-3057(02)00783-9
- M. J. Passineau, E. J. Green, and W. D. Dietrich, "Therapeutic effects of environmental enrichment on cognitive function and tissue integrity following severe traumatic brain injury in rats," Exp Neurol, Vol.168, No.2, pp.373-384, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1006/exnr.2000.7623
- E. Nikolaev, L, Kaczmarek, S. W. Zhu, B. Winblad, and A. H. Mohammed, "Environmental manipulation differentially alters c-Fos expression in amygdaloid nuclei following aversive conditioning," Brain Res, Vol.957, No.1, pp.91-98, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0006-8993(02)03606-5
- G. V. Allen, D. Gerami, and M. J. Esser, "Conditioning effects of repetitive mild neurotrauma on motor function in an animal model of focal brain injury," Neuroscience, Vol.99, No.1, pp.93-105, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0306-4522(00)00185-8