- Volume 8 Issue 9
This study is designed for the purpose to provide realistic way for the increasing of organizational citizenship behavior(OCB) through the experimental analysis regarding the mediating role of variables of trust. It also aimed to find out the effect that main subordinate variables of transformational leadership and empowerment leadership are influenced on the subordinate variables of organizational citizenship behavior. The result of study is summarized as followings. First, individual consideration of transformational leadership has a positive effect on the knowledge based trust.. It also impact of empowerment leadership has a positive effect on the knowledge based trust. On the other hand ,analysis show the knowledge based trust has a positive effect to altruism, civic virtue and sportsmanship of OCB. Second, individual consideration of transformational leadership has no effect to altruism, civic virtue and sportsmanship of OCB. The impact of empowerment leadership has a positive effect only on the civic virtue, other two hypothesis are not selected due to ineffective factors. The result, accordingly, of this study indicate that the knowledge based trust has a mediating role between leadership(transformational, empowerment leadership) and organizational citizenship behavior.
- J. M. Burns, "Leadership," New York : Harper & Row. p.20,1978.
- B. M. Bass, "Leadership and Performance beyond Expectations," New York : Free Press 1985,
- B. M. Bass, leadership:good,better,best"Organizational Dynamic,"Vol.27, 1985. https://doi.org/10.1016/0090-2616(85)90028-2
- B. Ken, "Kenblanchard's Situational Leaderhip II Bible," pp.116-120, 2007.
- P. M. Podsakoff and S. B. Mackenzie, "Organizational Citizenship Behavior and Sales and Unit Effectiveness," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol.31, pp.351-363, 1994. https://doi.org/10.2307/3152222
- F. Fukuyama, "Trust": The Social Virtues and the Creation of Prosperity, New York : Free Press.1995.
- K. W. Thomas and B. A. Velthouse, Cognitive elements of empowerment :An "Interpretive" model of intrinsic task motivation. Academy of Management Review, Vol.15, pp.666-681, 1990.
- J. R. Hackman and G. R. Oldham, "Work redesig,." Reading, MA : Addison - Wesley, 1980.
- M. Gist, "Self-efficacy" : Implications for organizational behavior and human resource management. Academy of Management Review, Vol.12, pp.472-485, 1987. https://doi.org/10.2307/258514
- A. Bandura and R. Wood, "Effects of Perceived Controllability and Performance Standards on Self-Regulation of Complex Decision Making," Journal of Personality and Social Psychology pp.41-598, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35188.8.131.525
- N. E. Bell and B. M. Staw, " People an sculptors versus sculpture," : The roles of personality and personal control in organizations, in B.M. Arthur, D. T. Hall and B. S. Lawrence (Eds.), Handbook of career theory, New York : Cambridge University Press. pp.232-251, 1989.
- B. E. Ashforth, "The experience of powerlessness in organizations," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, pp.43-242, 1989.
- L. M. Wolfe and D. Rogertshaw, "Effects of college attendance on locus of contro"l, Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, pp.43-810, 1982. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35184.108.40.2062
- S. P. Shappiro, "The Social Control of Impersonal Trust," American Journal of Sociology, pp.93-658, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1086/228791
- R. M. Kramer, "Cooperation and Organizational," Identification. In J. K. Murnighan(ed.), Social Psychology in Organizations : Advances in Theory and Research, pp.244-268, 1993.
- D. L. Shapiro, B. H. Sheppard, and L. Cheraskin, "Business on a Handshake," Negotiation Journal, Vol.8, No.4, pp.365-377, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1571-9979.1992.tb00679.x
- R. J. Lewicki, D. J. McAllister, and J. B. Robert, "Trust and Distrust," New Relationships and Realities. Academy of Management Review, Vol.23, No.3, pp.438-458, 1998. https://doi.org/10.2307/259288
- D. W. Organ, Reappraisal and Reinterpretation of The Satisfaction Causes Performance Hypothesis. Academy of Management Review, pp.2-53, 1977.
- J. W. Graham, "Organizational Citizen Informed by Political Theory," Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management. Chicago, IL, 1986(8).
- R. C. Mayer, J. H. Davis, and F. D. Schoorman, "An Integrative Model of Organizational Trust, "Academy of Management Review, Vol.20, No.3, pp.709-734, 1995.
- W. Bennis and B. Nanus, "The strategies for taking charge," Leaders, New York : Harper. Row, 1985.
- 이덕로, 서도원, 김용순, 변혁적, 거래적 리더십이 조직시민행동에 미치는영향, 경영학연구, 제32 권, 제2호, pp.449-474, 2002.
- J. G. Holmes, "The Exchange Process in Close Relationship : Microbehavior and Macromotives," In M, J. Lerner & S. C. Lerner eds., The Justice Motive in Social Behavior, New York : Plenum, pp.261-284. 1981.
- R. H. Mooreman, "The Role of Cognition and Disposition Predictor of Organizational Citizenship Behaviors," A study of personality and perceived Fairness, Unpublished Doctoral Dissertation, indiana University, 1990.
- G. M. Spreitzer, "Psychological empowerment in the workplace," : Dimensions, measurement, and validation. Academy of Management Journal, pp.38-1465, 1995.
- G. A. Bigley, " Follower Trust in the Leader at Work," Concept Development, Behavioral Antecedentsm and Effects on Followers' Fairness Perceptions and Organizational Citizenship Behaviors, University of California Irvin. 1996.
- S. B. Sitkin and N. L. Roth, "Explaining the Limited Effectiveness of Legalistic 'Remedies' for Trust/Distrust," Organization Science, Vol.4, pp.367-392, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1287/orsc.4.3.367