- Volume 8 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Impact of Switchover Barrier, Switchover Intention and Willingness to Revisit on Customer's Characteristics - Comparison between Travel Agency and Airlines -
고객특성이 전환장벽, 전환의도와 재방문의사에 미치는 영향 - 여행사.항공사간 비교분석을 중심으로 -
- Published : 2008.09.28
This study aims to identify of customer features control the effect on revisit intention and switching intention. The statistical techniques used for this empirical analysis are frequency analysis, technology analysis, reliability analysis, factor analysis, confirmatory factor analysis along with path analysis and moderate regression analysis, which are based on structural model From the effect that customer features control the effect on switching barrier by switching intention, travel agencies has a control effect on 'financial switching costs' and 'relational switching costs', and airlines show they have control effect on 'relational switching costs.' In diversity pursuit factors, 'financial switching costs' and 'attractiveness of alternatives' have a meaningful control effect for travel agencies customers, while 'procedural switching costs' for airlines customers. In the analysis result of the effect that customer features control the effect on revisit intention by switching intention, 'percept' and 'diversity pursuit' have a meaningful control effect in travel agencies customers and airlines one, respectively.
- 김상기, 양윤, "자기-감시, 사용 상황 및 지각된 위험이 소비자 행동에 미치는 영향", 광고연구, 제 29호, pp.103-125, 1995.
- 김상현, 오상현, "고객 제구매 의도 결정요인에 관한 연구 : 고객가치, 고객만족, 전환비용, 대안의 매력도", 마케팅연구, 제17권, 제2호, pp.25-55. 2002.
- 허남일, 전영종, 김세범, 소비자 행동론, 서울: 형설출판사, 2000.
- H. S. Bansal and T. Shirley, "Investigating the Relationship Between Service Quality, Satisfaction and Switching Intentions," Developments in Marketing Science, Vol.20, pp.304-313, 1997.
- J. T. Cacioppo and R. E. Petty, "The Need for Cognition," Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol.42, No.1, pp.116-131, 1982. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35220.127.116.11
- J. T. Cacioppo, R. E. Petty, and K. Morris, "Effect of Need for Cognition in Message Evaluation, Recall, and Persuasion," Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol.45, pp.805-818, 1983. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-3518.104.22.1685
- L. A. Crosby and N. Stephans, "Effects of Relationship Marketing on Satisfaction, Retention, and Prices in the Life Insurance Industry," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol.24, pp.404-411, 1987. https://doi.org/10.2307/3151388
- G. Day and R. Wensley, "Assessing Advantage : A Framework for Diagnosing Competitive Superiority," Journal of Marketing, Vol.52, pp.1-20, 1988.
- A. S. Dick and K. Basu, "Customer Loyalty: Toward an Integrated Conceptual Framework," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol.22, No.2, pp.99-113, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1177/0092070394222001
- C. T. Ennew and M. R. Blinks, "Impact of Participative Service Relationships on Quality, Satisfaction and Retention ; An Exploratory Study," Journal of Business Research, Vol.46, pp.121-132, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0148-2963(98)00016-2
- C. Fornell, "A National Customer Satisfaction Barometer: The Swedish Experience," Journal of Marketing, Vol.56, No.2. 1992.
- M. S. Keaveney. "Customer Switching Behavior in Service Industries: An Exploratory Study", Journal of Marketing, 59, 71-82. 1995.
- S. Menon & E. B. Kahn, "The Impact of context in variety seeking in product choices", Journal of Consumer Research, Vol.22, No3, 285-296. 1995. https://doi.org/10.1086/209450
- A. J. Michael, "Switching Barriers and Repurchase Intentions in Services," Journal of Retailing, Vol.76, No.2, pp.259-274, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-4359(00)00024-5
- B. Mittal and M. L. Walfried, "Why do Customer Switch? The Dynamics of Satisfaction Versus Loyalty," The Journal of Services Marketing, Vol.12, No.3, pp.177-194. 1998. https://doi.org/10.1108/08876049810219502
- R. L. Oliver, "A Cognitive Model of the Antecedents and Conse- quences of Satisfaction Decisions," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol.17, pp.460-469, 1980. https://doi.org/10.2307/3150499
- R. L. Oliver, "Measurement and Evaluation of Satisfaction Processes in Retail Settings," Journal of Retailing, Vol.57, pp.25-139, 1981.
- F. F. Reichheld and W. E. Sasser, "Zero Defections: Quality Comes to Service," Harvard Business Review, Vol.68, 1990.
- R. T. Rust and J. A. Zahorik, "Customer Satisfaction, Customer Retention, and Market Share," Journal of Retailing, Vol.69, pp.193-215, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-4359(93)90003-2
- S. M. Shugan, "The Cost of Thinking," Journal of Consumer Research, Vol.7, pp.99-111, 1980. https://doi.org/10.1086/208799
- J. Singh, "A Typology of Consumer Dissatisfaction Response Styles," Journal of Retailing, Vol.66, pp.57-99, 1990.
- D. M. Stayman and F. R. Kardes, "Spontaneous Inference Processes in Advertising : Effects of Need for Cognition and Self-monitoring on Inference Generation and Utilization," Journal of Consumer Psychology, Vol.1, No.2, pp.125-142, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1057-7408(08)80053-8
- A. B. Thomas, K. F. Judy, and M. Vijay, "Consumer Switching Costs: A Typology, Antecedents and Consequences," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol.31, No.2, pp.109-126, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1177/0092070302250897
- V. Tripj, C. M. Hans, and D. H. Wayne, "Why Switch? Product Category-level Explanations for True Variety-seeking Behavior," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol.33, No.3, pp.281-293, 1996. https://doi.org/10.2307/3152125
- The Effects of Department Store Customers' Satisfaction and Commitment on Relationship Switching Intention and Multi-channel Use Intention vol.15, pp.5, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2013.15.5.753