- Volume 8 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Overlay Multicasting with Local Swap Option in a Personal Broadcasting System
로컬 스왑 기법을 적용한 오버레이 멀티캐스트 기반의 개인방송 시스템
- Published : 2008.08.28
Overlay Multicast is an effective method for optimal utilization of system resources and network bandwidth without a need for hardware customization. It is an effective method of providing Personal Internet Broadcasting Service for better Quality of Service to many users. In this paper, we propose a multicast tree that uses Local Swap method. In order to prove the effectiveness of the new technique suggested here, using the proposed method and personal internet broadcasting service, information is abstracted, compared and analyzed under various overlay multicast algorithm conditions. We have proved that the suggested local swap technique is more effective by comparing it with other existing techniques in various methods such as using various overlay based multicast algorithm simulation.
Local Swap;Overlay Multicast;Internet Broadcasting
- Y. h. Chu, G. Sanjay, Rao, and Z. Hui, "A Case for End System Multicast," In Proceedings of ACM SIGMETRICS, 2000.
- D. Pendarakis, S. Shi, D. Verma, and M. Waldvogel, "ALMI: An Application Level Multicast Infrastructure," 3rd USENIX Sysmposium on Internet Technologies and Systems, 2001(5).
- Y. Chu, S. G. Rao, S. Seshan, and H. Zhang, "Enabling Conferencing Applications on the internet using on Overlay Multicast Architecture," ACM SIGCOMM'01, pp.55-67, 2001(8).
- Y. Chawathe, S. McCanne, and E. Brewer, "Scattercast: An Architecture for Internet Broadcast Distribution as an Infrastructure Service," PhD Thesis, University of California, Berkeley, 2000.
- L. Mathy, R. Canonico, and D. Hutchison, "An Overlay Tree Building Control Protocol," NGC2001, 2001(11).
- S. Banerjee, B. Bhattacharjee, and C. Kommareddy, "Scalable Application Layer Multicast," ACM SIGCOMM'02, pp.205-217, 2002(8).
- Y. Francis, "Yoid: Extending the Internet Multicast Architecture," Technical Report, ACIRI, 2000(4).
- Y. Chawathe, S. McCanne, and E. A. Brewer, "RMX: Reliable Multicast for Heterogeneous Networks," IEEE INFORCOM'00, pp.795-804, 2000(6). https://doi.org/10.1109/INFCOM.2000.832254
- E. W. Zegura, K. L. Calvert, and S. Bhattacharjee, How to model an internetwork. In Proceedings of INFORCOM 96, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/INFCOM.1996.493353
- K. L. Calvert, M. B. Doar, and E. W. Zegura, "Modeling Internet Topology," IEEE Communications Magazine 35, 6, 1997(6). https://doi.org/10.1109/35.587723
- Z. Beichuan, J. Sugih, and Z. Lixia, "Host Multicast: A Framework for Delivering Multicast To End Users," In Proc. of IEEE INFOCOM, New York, NY, 2002(6). https://doi.org/10.1109/INFCOM.2002.1019387
- M. Y. Kang, O. F. Hamad, J. H. Jeon, and J. S. Nam, "mTBCP-Based Overlay Construction and Evaluation for Broadcasting Mini-System," in proceedings of ICOIN Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer-Verlag, Berlin Heidelberg, Vol.4883, 2007(1).