- Volume 8 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Design and Implementation of Fault-tolerant Communication Middleware for a High-reliable Launch Control System
고신뢰성 발사통제시스템을 위한 고장허용 통신 미들웨어 설계 및 구현
- Published : 2008.08.28
Launch control system controls the sequence for launching missile in weapon systems. This system have to generate the engagement plan, input information and launch the missile in timeliness requirement. Such a system may fail to operate correctly either due to errors in hardware and software or due to violation of timing constraints. We presented fault-tolerant ethernet for embedded real-time system like launch control system. This approach is designed to handle network faults using dual commercial-off-the-shelf(COTS) network devices. To support fault-tolerant ethernet each node is composed dual channel ethernet and designed the communication middleware for network fault detect and recovery. Especially for time-critical system, the middleware is being developed to achieve that no point of network failure shall take down or cause loss of communication to network nodes.
- 김문회, "결함 허용 시스템의 설계 고려사항 및 동향", 정보과학회지, 제11권, 제3호, pp.7-16, 1993(6).
- S. Hariri, A. Choudhary, and B. Sarikaya, "Architecture support for designing fault tolerant open distributed system," IEEE computer, pp.50-62, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1109/2.153257
- C. Lee, "TOPIX: theory of operation," SEC Tech. Prt., S40-OSTPX-PC, 1992.
- "MIL-Std-1553B : Digital Time Division Command/Response Multiplex Data Bus," FSC, 1978.
- F. Jahanian, "Fault-tolerance in embedded real-time systems," in Hardware and Software Architecture for Fault Tolerance, (eds. M. Banatre and P.A. Lee), pp.237-249, 1994.
- S. Song, J. Huang, P. Kappler, R. Freimark, and T. Kozlik, "Fault-Tolerant Ethernet Middleware for IP Based Process Control Networks," Proc. 25th Annual IEEE Conference on Local Computer Networks, Tampa, Florida, USA, pp.116-125, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/LCN.2000.891017
- J. Huang, S. Song, L. Li, P. Kappler, R. Freimark, J. Gustin, and T. Kozlik, "An Open Solution to Fault-Tolerant Ethernet: Design, Prototyping, and Evaluation," Proc. IEEE International Performance, Computing, and Communications Conference, Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona, USA, pp.461-478, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/PCCC.1999.749473
- J. Pankaj, Fault Tolerance in Distributed Systems, Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall, 1994.
- Highly scalable intelligent sensory application and time domain matrix for safety-critical system design vol.14, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1177/1550147717741102