- Volume 8 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
The study of Right Portrait Exposure Setting in Digital Cameras;Focusing on the Cognitive Preference in Representation of Skin Tones
인물 촬영을 위한 디지털 카메라의 적정 노출 설정 연구;피부톤 재현 선호도를 중심으로
- Published : 2008.08.28
Nowadays, people get images from various media like TV, magazines, newspaper, internet. Such images directly influence people's thoughts and lives, either consciously or unconsciously. In the past, reproduction devices have been mainly used in reproducing an original scene accurately. Lately, the cognitive preference became a key value in the scene reproduction, and it was affected by the surrounding media. Recently, the most commonly used device in reproducing an original scene is the camera. The core of an image is the light, in other words, the exposure. Most digital cameras are set to adjust exposure automatically in order to reproduce a scene physically as identical as possible. However, physically right exposure does not always give images that people prefers. Numbers of tests were done to find the exposure value that makes an image cognitively more preferred. Skin tones which are highly sensitive to color and changes in density has been used in the tests. A male and a female model have been used to classify changes in cognitive preference due to gender differences.
Digital Camera;Exposure;Skin Tone;Cognitive;Psychophysics
- 노연숙, "광원에 따른 화이트 밸런스의 JND 특성과 선호 설정 연구-연굴색 재현을 중심으로", 한국색채학회 논문집, 제21권, 제4호, pp.1-8, 2007.
- 이홍규, 칼라이미지사전, 서울: 조형사, 1994.
- 정우현, 신수진, 박수진, 한재현, 사진의 밝기, 대비, 색조의 변화가 감상자의 감성인상에 미치는 효과, 한국사진학회지, 제14호, pp.149-156, 2006.
- 조정옥, 사용자의 JND를 고려한 인터페이스 설계 지침의 개발, 서울대학교 대학원 석사학위논문, 미출판, 2006.
- 한재현, 박수진, 신수진, 정우현, 흑백 사진의 밝기와 대비 조절에 따른 감성의 변화, 한국사진학회지, 제12호, pp.28-35, 2005.
- C. Boust, H. Brettel, F. Vienot, S. Berche, and G. Alquie, Color Enhancement of Digital images by Experts and Preference Judgments by Observers, The Journal of imaging science and technology, Vol.50, No.1, pp.1-11, 2006. https://doi.org/10.2352/J.ImagingSci.Technol.(2006)50:1(1)
- F. H. Manke, Color, Environment, and Human Response,1947.
- G. A. Gescheider, Psychophysics: Method, Theory, and Application, New Jersey: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Inc, 1985.
- E. B. Goldstein, Sensation and Perception, Brooks:Cole, 1996.
- ISO 3664, Viewing conditions-Graphic technology and photography, 2000.
- ISO 20462, Photography-Psychophysical experimental methods to estimate image quality, 2004.
- G. Johnson, MEASURING IMAGES: DIFFERENCES, QUALITY AND APPEARANCE, Rochester: RIT, 2003.
- S. Marita and C. Lisa, Practices of Looking, Oxford University Press, 2000.
- D. F. Mark, Color Appearance Model, WILEY, 2007.
- S. R. Fernandez, M. D. Fairchild, and K. Braun, "Analysis of Observer and Cultural Variability while Generating 'Preferred' Color Reproductions of Pictorial Images," The Journal of imaging science and technology, Vol.49, No.1, pp.96-104, 2005.