- Volume 8 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Corporate Environment, Six Sigma Program, and Work Commitment;Focused on Hotel Cuisine Department
외식환경, 호텔 조리부서의 6시그마기법, 및 업무몰입간의 관계
- Published : 2008.08.28
One recurrent theme within the literature on 6 sigma was the study of its effect on organizational performance. Nonetheless, most research were focused on analyzing the relationships between the implementation of different elements and several types of performance. This research incorporated the effect of organizational environment as a variable for explaining the impact of 6 sigma on business results. The model was tested using regression analyses, employing a survey of employees of hotels' cuisine departments involved in 6 sigma. The causal analysis results showed that dynamism, munificence and complexity influenced the degree of implementation of the main 6 sigma principles. Similarly, the dimensions of 6 sigma had an impact on employees' work commitment. The model could be used by hotels to assess their level of 6 sigma success depending on specific environmental characteristics.
Cuisine Department;6 Sigma;Environment;Work Commitment
- 이순용, 현대품질관리론, 법문사, 1986.
- K. McManus, "Is Quality Dead?" IIE Solutions, pp.32-35, 1999.
- P. S. Pande, R. P. Neuman, and R. R. Cavana호, The Six Sigma Way: How GE, Motorola, and Other Top Companies are Honing Their Performance, McGraw-Hill, 2000.
- R. G. Schroeder, K. Linderman, C. Liedtke, and A. S. Choo, "Six Sigma: Definition and Underlying Theory," Journal of Operations Management, in press, 2007.
- 안영진, 6시그마기업혁명, 김영사, 1999.
- K. Aldred, "Baldrige Award Recognizes Four U.S. Companies," IIE Solutions, Vol.30, No.3, p.8, 1998
- J. S. McClenahen, "New World Leader," Industry Week, Vol.253, No.1, pp.36-39, 2004.
- 신동설, 블랙벨트를 통해 본 6시그마 성공의 핵심 요인에 관한 실증적 연구, 단국대학교 대학원 박사학위논문, 2001
- G. J. Hahn, W. J. Hill, and R. W. Hoerl, "The Impact of Six Sigma Improvement-A Glimpse into the Future of Statics," The American Statician, pp.208-215, 1999.
- 김승희, 외식업의 6시그마와 조직몰입. 직무만족. 조직유효성의 관계에 관한 연구, 경기대학교 대학원 박사학위논문, 2004.
- D. Miller, "The Structural and Environmental Correlates of Business Strategy," Strategic Management Journal, Vol.8, pp.55-76, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1002/smj.4250080106
- B. K. Boyd, G. G. Dess, and A. M. Rasheed, "Divergence between Archival and Perceptual Measures of the Environment: Causes and Consequences," Academy of Management Review, Vol.18, No.2, pp.204-226, 1993;
- F. F. Emery and E. L. Trist, "The Causal Texture of Organizational Environments," Human Relations, Vol.18, No.1, pp.21-32, 1965. https://doi.org/10.1177/001872676501800103
- M. M. Fuentes-Fuentes, C. A. Albacete-Saez, and F. J. Llorens-Montes, "The Impact of Environmental Characteristics on TQM Principles and Organizational Performance," OMEGA The International Journal of Management Science, Vol.32, pp.425-442, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.omega.2004.02.005
- P. C. Morrow, "The Measurement of TQM Principles and Work-Relates Outcomes," Journal of Organizational Behavior, Vol.18, pp.363-376, 1997 https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1099-1379(199707)18:4<363::AID-JOB803>3.0.CO;2-Q
- R. D. Gatewood and C. Riordan, "The Development and Test of a Model of Total Quality: Organizational Practices, TQ Principles, Employee Attitudes and Customer Satisfaction," Journal of Quality Management, Vol.2, No.1, pp.41-66, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1084-8568(97)90021-3
- J. W. Dean and D. E. Bowen, "Management Theory and Total Quality: Improving Research and Practical through Theory Development," Academy of Management Review, Vol.3, pp.392-418, 1994.
- N. Venkatraman and V. Ramanujam, "Measurement of Business Performance in Strategy Research: A Comparison of Approaches," Academy of Management Review, Vol.11, No.4, pp.801-814, 1986.
- D. Miller, "The Relationship of Porter's Business Strategy to Environment and Structure," Academy of Management Journal, Vol.31, pp.280-308, 1988. https://doi.org/10.2307/256549
- A. K. Kohli and B. J. Jaworski, "Market Orientation: The Construct, Research Propositions, and Managerial Implication," Journal of Marketing, Vol.54, No.2, pp.1-18, 1990. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251866
- M. L. Tushman and P. Anderson, "Technological Discontinuities and Organizational Environments," Administrative Science Quarterly, Vol.31, pp.439-465, 1986. https://doi.org/10.2307/2392832
- M. Sharfman and J. W. Dean, "Conceptualization and Measuring the Organizational Environment: A Multidimensional Approach," Journal of Management, Vol.17, No.4, pp.681-700, 1991.
- D. C. Hambrick, "An Empirical Typology of Mature Industrial Product Environments," Academy of Management Journal, Vol.26, No.2, pp.213-230, 1983. https://doi.org/10.2307/255971
- R. F. Lusch and G. R. Laczniak, "The Evolving Marketing Concept, Competitive Intensity and Organzational Performance," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol.18, pp.1-11, 1987.
- B. J. Jaworski and A. K. Kohli, "Market Orientation: Antecedents and Consequences," Journal of Marketing, Vol.57, No.3, pp.53-70, 1993. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251854
- P. R. Lawrence and J. W. Lorsch, Organizational and Environmental, Harvard Business School Press, 1967.
- R. B. Duncan, "Characteristics of Organizational Environments and Perceived Environmental Uncertainty," Administrative Science Quarterly, Vol.17, pp.313-327, 1972. https://doi.org/10.2307/2392145
- H. Kaufman, Time, Chance, and Organizations, Natural Selection in a Perilous Environment, Chatham House, 1991.
- C. C. Manz and G. L. Stewart, "Attaining Flexible Stability by Integrating Total Quality Management and Socio-Technical Systems Theory," Organization Science, Vol.8, No.1, pp.59-71, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1287/orsc.8.1.59
- M. Yasai-Ardekani, "Effects of Environments Scarcity and Munificence on the Relationship of Context to Organizational Structure," Academy of Management Journal, Vol.32, No.1, pp.131-156, 1989. https://doi.org/10.2307/256423
- T. Burns and G. M. Stalker, The Management of Innovation, Tavistock, 1961.
- D. Miller and P. H. Friesen, "Strategy-Making and the Environment: the Third Link," Strategic Management Journal, Vol.4, No.3, pp.221-235, 1983. https://doi.org/10.1002/smj.4250040304
- E. A. Locke and G. P. Latham, Goal Setting. A Motivational Technique that Works, Prentice Hall, 1984.
- J. R. Hackman and R. Wageman, "Total Quality Management: Empirical, Conceptual, and Practical Issues," Administrative Science Quarterly, Vol.40, pp.309-342, 1995. https://doi.org/10.2307/2393640
- M. Stahl, Management-Total Quality Management in a Global Environment, Blackwell, 1995.
- 구경원, 관광호텔의 경영성과 제고를 위한 6시그마기법 도입에 관한 연구, 경기대학교 대학원 박사학위논문, 2000.
- L. W. Porter, R. M. Streers, R. T. Mowday, and P. V. Boulian, "Organizational Commitment, Job Satisfaction, and Turnover among Psychiatric Technicians," Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol.59, pp.603-609, 1974. https://doi.org/10.1037/h0037335