- Volume 8 Issue 8
Multiculuralism becomes the presentive term of Korea. And school is interested in multicutural education very much. The reason for this is connected to the fact of increasing intermarriages, immigrant laborers, and their children. So, the academic world is producing various research papers and public institution is proposing and practicing several policies. Particularly multicultural education is recognized as the very important intervening strategy on multicutral society and studied. The purpose of this paper is to suggest the ideas of teaching-learning experience selection for multicutural education in Korea. So the study contents of this paper are as follows ; First, it is to analyze the concepts of multicultural education and its' research trends. Second, it is to review the prior models of theorizing multicultural education and the models of curriculum development and teaching design. Finally, it is to inquiry the model of teaching-learning experience selection for multicutural education. Above all, we think that it is necessary to develop the model of multicutural teaching-learning experience selection classified by objects involved in multicutural education.
Multiculturalism;Multicultural Education;Tteaching-learning;Experience Selection
- 법무부, 보도자료-체류외국인 100만명 돌파, 2007(8).
- J. A. Banks, An Introduction to Multicultural Education, 4/E, Pearson Education, Inc., 2008.
- 장인실, "다문화 교육이 한국 교사 교육과정 개혁에 주는 시사점", 교육과정연구, Vol.21, No.3, pp.409-431, 2003.
- 장인실, "다문화 교육과 교육과정", 교육과정연구, Vol.26, No.4, pp.27-53, 2006
- J. A. Banks, Multiethnic Education : theory and practice, Boston: Allyn and Bacon, 1988.
- J. A. Banks, Multicultural education: characteristics and goals, In J. A. Banks & C. A. M. Banks(Eds.), Multicultural education: Issues and perspectives(pp.3-28), Boston: Allyn and Bacon, 1993.
- C. I. Bennett, Comprehensive multicultural education: theory and practice, Boston: Allyn and Bacon, 1995.
- 김선미, "다문화교육의 개념과 사회과 적용에 따른 문제", 사회과교육연구, 제4호, pp.63-81, 2000.
- 오은순, "다문화 교육을 위한 교수․학습 지원 방안 연구(I)", 한국교육과정평가원, 2007.
- 박재의, 전현정, 이순옥, 김무정, "다문화교육 연구학교 운영 사례 분석을 통한 교육과정 개발방향 모색", 다문화-세계화 교육환경에 따른 학교 교육과정의 대응, 한국교육과정학회.한국초등교육학회, pp.277-309, 2008.
- 교육인적자원부, "초등학생용 교과서 보완 지도 자료", 2006.
- 평택대학교 다문화가족센터, "다문화가족을 위한 정책 및 지원 전략", 추계학술세미나, 2006.
- 조영달, "다문화가정의 자녀교육 실태 조사", 2006년도 교육인적자원부 정책연구과제, 2006.
- 조혜영, "다문화가족 자녀의 학교생활실태와 교수․학생의 수용성 연구", 한국여성정책연구원․ 한국청소년정책연구원, 2007.
- M. A. Gibson, "Approach to multicultural education in the United States: Some concepts and assumptions," Anthropology and Education Quarterly, No.7, pp.7-18, 1976.
- G. Gay, "On behalf of children: A curriculum design for multicultural education in the elementary school," Journal of Negro Education, No.48, pp.324-340, 1979.
- E. C. Sleeter and A. C. Grant, "An analysis of multicultural education in United States," Harvard Educational Review, Vol.57, No.4, pp.421-444, 1987. https://doi.org/10.17763/haer.57.4.v810xr0v3224x316
- J. A. Banks, "Approaches to multicultural curriculum reform," In J. A. Banks & C. A. M. Banks(Eds.), Multicultural education: Issues and perspective, pp.195-214, Boston: Allyn and Bacon, 1993.
- R. W. Tyler, Basic principles of Curriculum and Instruction, Chicago: University of Chicago Press. 1949.
- W. Dick, L. Carey, and J. Carey, The systematic design of instruction(5th ed.), New York: Longman, 2001.