- Volume 4 Issue 3
Fast handover is essential to support seamless multicast service in MIPv6. To reduce handover latency of multicast, there are two handover mechanisms, one is M-FMIP that prepares fast L3 handover before L2 handover and the other is M-HMIP that performs local area mobile multicast management. This paper proposes M-FHMIP that integrates an advantage of M-FMIP and M-HMIP, and analyzes the multicast handover latency.
- D. Johnson, etc., "Mobility Support in IPv6," IETF RFC 3775, June 2004.
- H. Soliman, etc., "Hierarchical Mobile IPv6 Mobility Management," IETF RFC 4140, August 2005.
- R. Koodli ED, "Fast Handovers for Mobile IPv6," IETF RFC4068, July 2005.
- Kyungjoo Suh, etc., "Fast Multicast Protocol for Mobile IPv6 in the fast handovers environments," IETF internetdraft, draft-suh-mipshop-fmcast-mip6-00, July 2004.
- Thomas C. Schmidt, etc.,"Seamless Multicast Handover in a Hierarchical Mobile IPv6 Environment(M-HMIPv6)," IETF internetdratf, draft-schmidt-waehlisch-mhmipv6-04, November 2005.
- I. Romdhani, etc., " IP Mobile Multicast: Challenges and Solutions," IEEE Communications Surveys, Vol.6, No.1, First Quarter 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/COMST.2004.5342232
- R. Vida ED, etc., "Multicast Listener Discovery Version2 (MLDv2) for IPv6," IETF RFC 3810, June 2004.
- Georgios A. Leoleis, "Seamless multicast mobility support using fast MIPv6 extensions," Computer Communications, Vol 29, pp. 3745-3765, August 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.comcom.2006.07.013
- Seok-Jae Shin, etc., "A Fast Handover Mechanism in Mobile IPv6 Networks for Reliable Multicasting Services," KICS Conference, Vol 30, pp 838-849, 2005.
- Seung-Il Hyeon, etc., "Handover Performance Evaluation for Proxy Mobile IPv6," KISS Conference, Vol. 34, No2, Fall 2007.
- S.Thomson and T. Nartan, "IPv6 stateless Address Auto configuration," IETF RFC 2462, Dec 1998.