- Volume 14 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Design and Analysis of Electromagnetic Tubular Linear Actuator for Higher Performance of Active Accelerate Pedal
- Lee, Jae-Yong (School of Mechanical Engineering, Yeungnam University) ;
- Kim, Jin-Ho (School of Mechanical Engineering, Yeungnam University) ;
- Lee, Jeh-Won (School of Mechanical Engineering, Yeungnam University)
- Published : 2009.12.31
This paper describes the design and analysis of a tubular linear actuator for intelligent AAP (Active Accelerate Pedal) system. In a driving emergency, the electromagnetic actuator produces an additional pedal force such as the active pedal force and vibration force to release the driver's foot on accelerator pedal. A prior study found that the linear actuator with a ferromagnetic core had a problem in transferring the additional force naturally to a driver due to the cogging force. To reduce the cogging force and obtain higher performance of the AAP system, a coreless tubular linear actuator is suggested. Electromagnetic finite element analysis is executed to analyze and design the coreless tubular actuator, and dynamic analysis is performed to characterize the dynamic performance of the AAP system with the suggested tubular actuator for two types of thrust force.
- http://www.conti-online.com, Continental Co
- http://www.rota.or.kr, Road Traffic Authority
- J. Wang and D. Howe, IEEE Trans. Magn. 40, 3262 (2004) https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2004.833424
- J. Y. Lee, J. H. Kim, S. M. Woo, and J. W. Lee, International Conference on Manufacturing, Machine Design and Tribology (2009)
- Laurentiu Encica, IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl. 44, 534 (2008) https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2008.916604
- J. L. G. Janssen, J. J. H. Paulides, E. A. Lomonova, and A. J. A. Vandenput, IEEE Industry Applications Conference 502 (2007)
- N. Sclater, Nicholas P. Chironis, Mechanisms, and Mechanical Devices Sourcebook, McGraw-Hill, (2007) pp. 21-45.
- Experimental Performance Investigation of a Novel Magnetic Levitation System vol.41, pp.5, 2013, https://doi.org/10.1109/TPS.2013.2251676