- Volume 58 Issue 1
Ionization Behaviors by Types of Soil due to Lightning Impulse Voltages in a Hemishperical Electrode System
반구형 전극계에서 뇌임펄스전압에 의한 토양의 종류별 이온화 특성
- Published : 2009.01.01
This paper deals with the characteristics of soil ionization affecting the dynamic performance of grounding systems under lightning impulse voltage. A concentric hemispherical electrode system was employed in order to facilitate the field calculation and analysis of the experimental results. The parameters such as the ionization threshold and breakdown field intensity, the pre-ionization and the post ionization resistances, the time-lag to ionization, the transient impedance, the equivalent ionized radius for various soil media were measured and analyzed. The dynamic characteristics of ionization processes under lightning impulse voltage are strongly dependent on the types of soil and water content. As a result, a soil ionization reduces the ground resistance and there is a little effect of applied impulse polarity on the soil ionization threshold field intensity. Although the ionization threshold field intensity of wet clay with 30% water content is the highest, its ionized zone was found to be the smallest amongst the test samples.
- 이복희, 이승칠, '접지의 핵심 기초기술', 의제, pp.40-42, 1999.
- IEEE Standards Board, 'ANSI/IEEE Std 80-2000; An American National Standard/IEEE Guide for Safety in AC Substation Grounding', The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc., pp.49-68, 2000
- N. Mohamad Nor, A. Haddad, H. Griffiths, 'Characterization of Ionization Phenomena in Soils Under Fast Impulses', IEEE Trans. on power delivery, Vol.21, No.1, pp. 353-361, 2006 https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2005.852352
- K. Seki, T. Shinohe, K. Okumura, 'Decrease characteristics of Rod Electrode Earthing Resistance in soil', K-J Joint Symposium, pp. 71-74, 2007
- I. F. Genos, I.A. Stathopulos, 'Soil ionization under lightning impulse voltages,' IEE Proc.-Sci. Meas. Technol., vol.151, pp. 343-346, 2004 https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-smt:20040667
- C.W.Fetter, 'Applied Hydrogeology,' Prentice Hall, pp. 173-194, 1994
- N. Mohamad Nor, A. Haddad, and H Griffiths, 'Determination of Threshold Electric Field Ec of Soil Under High Impulse Currents,' IEEE Trans. Power Delivery, vol. 20, pp. 2108-2113, July 2005 https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2005.848761
- Shozo Sekioka, Maria I. Lorentzou. Maria P. Philippakou, and Jonhn M. Prousalidis, 'Current-Dependent Grounding Resistance Model Based on Energy Balance of Soil Ionization', IEEE Trans. Power Delivery, vol. 21, pp. 194-201, Jan. 2006 https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2005.852337