- Volume 58 Issue 1
This paper presents a method for designing a robust controller that alleviates disturbance effects and compensates performance degradation owing to the time-delay. Disturbance observer(DOB) approach as a tool of robust control has been widely employed in industry. However, since the Pade approximation of time-delay makes the plant non-minimum phase, the classical DOB cannot be applied directly to the system with time-delay. By using a new DOB structure for non-minimum phase systems together with the Smith Predictor, we propose a new controller for reducing the both effects of disturbance and time-delay. Moreover, the closed-loop system can be made robust against uncertain time-delay with the help of a Pill controller tuning method that is based on a second-order plus dead time modeling technique.
- O.J.M. Smith, 'Closed control of loops with dead time,' Chemical Engineering Progress, vol. 53, pp 217-219, May, 1957
- T. Takehara, T. Kunitake, H. Hashimoto, F. Harashima, 'The control for the disturbance in the system with time delay,' Proc. of the 4th International Workshop on Advanced Motion Control, vol. 1, pp. 349-353, March 18-21, 1996 https://doi.org/10.1109/AMC.1996.509431
- K. Natori, K. Ohnishi, 'An approach to design of feedback systems with time delay,' Proc. of the 31st Annual Conference of IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IECON), pp. 1931-1936, Nov. 2005 https://doi.org/10.1109/IECON.2005.1569200
- 이순영, '시간지연 시스템 제어를 위한 적응외란관측자 설계' 전기학회 논문지, vol. 56, no. 9, pp. 1676-1679, Sep., 2007.
- K. Ohnishi, 'A new servo method in mechatronics,' Trans. of Japanese Society of Electrical Engineers, vol. 107-D, pp. 83-86, 1987
- T. Umeno and Y. Hori, 'Robust servosystem design with two degrees of freedom and its application to novel motion control of robot manipulators,' IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron, vol. 40, no. 5, pp. 473-485, 1993 https://doi.org/10.1109/41.238016
- H.S. Lee and M. Tomizuka, 'Robust motion controller design for high-accuracy positioning systems,' IEEE Trans. Industrial Electronics, vol. 43, pp. 48-55, 1996 https://doi.org/10.1109/41.481407
- 최영진, 양광진, 정완균, 김홍록, 서일홍, '강인성과 제어 성능을 고려한 외란 관측기의 설계(1) : 2차 시스템에 대한 이론적 해석' 제어,자동화시스템공학 논문지, vol. 8, no. 8, pp.655-663, 2002. 8
- 양광진, 최영진, 정완균 '2차 시스템에 대한 이산시간 외란 관측기의 분석' 제어자동화시스템공학 논문지, vol 9. no. 6, pp 425-434, 2003
- P. Mattavelli, 'An Imploved Deadbeat Control for UPS Using Disturbance Observers,' IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, vol. 52 no. 1, pp. 206-212, 2005. 2 https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2004.837912
- 김성종, 손영익, 정유석, '단상 DC/AC 인버터 시스템의 부하변동을 고려한 외란 관측기 기반 제어기' 전자공학회 논문지, vol. 44, SC 편, no. 4, pp. 21-26, July, 2007
- H. Shim and Y. Joo, 'State space analysis of disturbance observer and a robust stability condition,' Proc. of Conf on Decision and Control, pp. 2193-2198, Dec., 2007
- Y.I. Son, H. Shim, N.H. Jo, and S.J. Kim, 'Design of Disturbance Observer for Non-minimum Phase Systems Using PID Controllers', Proc. of SICE2007, pp. 196-201, Sep. 17-20, 2007
- H. Shim, N.H. Jo, and Y.I. Son, 'A new disturbance observer for non-minimum phase linear systems,' Proc. of American Control Conference 2008, pp. 3385-3389, June 11-13, 2008
- H. Kaufman, I. Bar-Kana, and K. Sobel, Direct Adaptive Control Algorithms, Springer-Verlag, 2nd Ed., 1998
- Q.-G. Wang, T.-H. Lee, H.-W. Fung, Q. Bi, Y. Zhang, 'PID Tuning for Improved Performance', IEEE Trans. Contr. Sys. Tech, Vol. 7 No. 4, pp. 457-465, 1999 https://doi.org/10.1109/87.772161
- 양승현, 이석원, '시간지연 시스템의 응답특성 개선을 위한 제어기 설계,' 조명,전기설비학회 논문지, 제19권, 제7호, pp.15-19, 2005. 11. https://doi.org/10.5207/JIEIE.2005.19.7.015
- 이원혁, 황형수, '모델축소를 이용한 고차계 적분공정의 안정한 PID 동조' 전기학회 논문지, vol. 56, no. 11, pp.2010-2016, Nov., 2007.