- Volume 9 Issue 1
In this paper, we develop queueing network models of communication networks with reliability model considering link failures. The reliability of a communication network with a virtual connection exposed to link failures is analyzed. Stochastic Reward Nets (SRN) is an extension of stochastic Petri nets and provides compact modeling facilities for system analysis. To get the performance index, appropriate reward rates are assigned to its SRN. It is shown that SRN modeling is well suited to specify, automatically generate and solve for reliability under rerouting. Markov models using SRN are developed and solved to depict various rerouting caused by link failures and reliability analysis in communication networks.
Reliability;Loss Probability;Petri Nets;SRN
- J. Meyer, "On evaluating the Performability of degradeable Computing Systems," IEEE Transations on Computers, C-29(8):720-731, 1980(8). https://doi.org/10.1109/TC.1980.1675654
- R. A. Sahner and K. S.Tivedi, Performance and Reliability Analysis of Computer Systems, Klwer Academic Publishers, 1996.
- M. A. Marsan, Conte, and Balbo, "A class of generalized stochastic petri nets for the performance evaluation of multiprocessor systems," ACM Trans. Computer Systwms, Vol.2, pp.93-122, 1984. https://doi.org/10.1145/190.191
- G. Ciardo, J. Muppala, and K. Trivedi, "Analyzing concurrent and fault-tolerant software using stochastic reward nets," J. Parallel & Distributed Computing, Vol.15, pp.255-269, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1016/0743-7315(92)90007-A
- M. Molly, "Performance analysis using stochastic Petri nets," IEEE Trans. Computer, Vol C-31, pp.913-917, 1982(9). https://doi.org/10.1109/TC.1982.1676110
- K. S. Ciardo, Trivedi, SPNP Users Manual, Duke University, 1994.
- K. S. Trivedi, Probability and Statistics with Reliability, Queueing, and Computer Science Applications. ISBN 0-471-33341-7. John Wileyand Sons, 2nd edition, 2001.
- M. Malhotra and G. Ciardo, "Dependability Modeling Using Petri-Net," IEEE Transactions on Reliability, Vol.44, No.3, pp.428-440, 1995(9). https://doi.org/10.1109/24.406578
- F. Baskett, K. M.Chandy, "Open, closed, and mixed networks of queues with different classes of customers," J.ACM, Vol.22, No.2, pp.248-260, 1975. https://doi.org/10.1145/321879.321887
- P. Heegaard, K. S. Trivedi, "Survivability Quantification of Communication Services," IEEE DSN 2008, Alaska, 2008(6). https://doi.org/10.1109/DSN.2008.4630117
- L. Yun and K. S. Trivedi, "Survivability Analysis of Telephone Access Network," International Journal of Performability Engineering, Vol.2, No.1, pp.29-44, 2006(1).