- Volume 19 Issue 3
The Utilization of Physical Therapies in the Korean Medicine Clinics : A Survey for National Health Insurance Planning
한의원의 한방물리요법 이용 현황과 건강보험 급여화에 대한 인식
- Shin, Mi-Sook (Dept. of Oriental Rehabilitation Medicine, School of Korean Medicine, Pusan National University) ;
- Shin, Byung-Cheul (Dept. of Oriental Rehabilitation Medicine, School of Korean Medicine, Pusan National University) ;
- Lee, Myeong-Jong (Dept. of Oriental Rehabilitation Medicine, College of Oriental Medicine, Dongguk University) ;
- Kim, Ho-Jun (Dept. of Oriental Rehabilitation Medicine, College of Oriental Medicine, Dongguk University) ;
- Song, Yoon-Kyung (Dept. of Oriental Rehabilitation Medicine, College of Oriental Medicine, Kyungwon University) ;
- Song, Mi-Yeon (Dept. of Oriental Rehabilitation Medicine, College of Oriental Medicine, Kyung Hee University) ;
- Shin, Seung-Woo (Gangnam Cheonggu Kyung Hee Oriental Clinic) ;
- Lim, Byungmook (Div. of Humanities and Social Medicine, School of Korean Medicine, Pusan National University)
- 신미숙 (부산대학교 한의학전문대학원 한방재활의학교실) ;
- 신병철 (부산대학교 한의학전문대학원 한방재활의학교실) ;
- 이명종 (동국대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학교실) ;
- 김호준 (동국대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학교실) ;
- 송윤경 (경원대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학교실) ;
- 송미연 (경희대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학교실) ;
- 신승우 (강남청구경희한의원) ;
- 임병묵 (부산대학교 한의학전문대학원 인문사회의학부)
- Received : 2009.06.24
- Accepted : 2009.07.20
- Published : 2009.07.31
Objectives : This study aimed to investigate the present status of physical therapies provided in the Korean medicine clinics, and to find out the priorities among and the estimated fees of physical therapies for the National Health Insurance plan. Methods : We administered nationwide survey to Korean medicine doctors using the on-line survey system. 16 physical therapies were listed in the Web-based questionnaires, and responders were asked to mark the therapies they used for their patients, and, for each therapy they marked, to fill in the form including the frequencies of service, service fees, target diseases, and priorities for health insurance coverage, etc. Results : Of 488 respondents, 93.7% provide more than one physical therapy for their patients, and each responder uses 5.9 physical therapies on average. 60-90% of physical therapies are being given to patients for free because they are not covered by the National Health Insurance. There is little evidence that the specialties of Korean medicine doctors are related with the use of physical therapies, but, in some therapies, the doctors with longer career years use the physical therapy more frequently. Most physical therapies are applied to the patients with musculoskeletal diseases, cardiovascular diseases, and nervous diseases, etc. Conclusions : Physical therapies are widely used among Korean medicine doctors without proper compensation. This could be the one of the main factors distorting the profit structure of Korean medicine clinics, and it encourages the National Health Insurance to cover physical therapies provided in the Korean medicine clinics.
Supported by : 국민건강보험공단
- 김용남. 한방병원 물리요법실 운영실태에 관한 조사연구. 대한물리치료사학회지. 1995;2(1):405-11.
- 연합뉴스. 한방물리치료 '보험급여화' 확정. 2008. 11. 27.
- 건강보험심사평가원. 건강보험요양급여비용. 2008.
- 이민정. 한방의료기관의 의료기 보유 및 사용현황. 서울대학교석사논문. 1998.
- 민영기. 한방물리치료기의 개요와 임상적 실제. 동의물리요법과학회지. 1991;1(1):93-9.
- 통계청. 장래인구추계. 2001.
- 도세록. 의료이용 양상의 변화와 보건의료 정책과제. 보건복지포럼. 2005;102:65-76.
- 한방재활의학과학회. 한방재활의학과학. 서울:군자출판사. 2003:317-59.
- 이윤태. 한의원 경영수지 분석 (5차) 연구. 한국보건산업진흥원. 2008