- Volume 8 Issue 4
A Study on Thermal Analysis of Motorcycle Brake Disk
모터싸이클 브레이크 디스크의 열 해석에 관한 연구
- Ryu, Mi-Ra ;
- Kim, Young-Hee ;
- Byon, Sang-Min ;
- Park, Heung-Sik
- 류미라 (동아대학교 기계공학과 대학원) ;
- 김영희 (동아대학교 신소재공학과) ;
- 변상민 (동아대학교 기계공학과) ;
- 박흥식 (동아대학교 기계공학과)
- Received : 2009.08.14
- Accepted : 2009.12.01
- Published : 2009.12.30
The effect of frictional factors on thermal stress and deformation volume of motorcycle brake disk was studied by using a disk-on-pad type friction tester. It has an effect on the frictional factor such as applied load, sliding speed, sliding distance and number of ventilated disk hole. However, it is difficult to know the mutual relation of these factors. In this study, thermal stress and deformation volume by using design of experiment with 4 elements were investigated for thermal analysis with regression analysis. Thermal stress and thermal deformation are obtained by the application of temperature from mechanical test. From this study, the result showed that the motorcycle brake disk with ventilated hole 3 had the most excellent thermal stress and deformation volume. The regression equation had a trust rate of 95% for the prediction of thermal stress and deformation volume of motorcycle brake disk was composed.
Supported by : 지식경제부
- C. K. Kim and J. T. Hwang, "Tribological Analysis on the Contact Behaviors of Disk Brakes Due to Frictional Heatings-Cooling Effects by Vent Holes", KSTLE Vol.15 No.2, pp.199-205, 1999.
- Blau P. J., "Composition, functions, and testing of friction brake materials and their additives", Oak Ridge National Laboratory, pp.2-4, 2001.
- C. K. Kim and J. T. Hwang, "Tribological Analy¬sis on the Contact Behaviors of Disk Brakes Due to Frictional Heatings-Cooling Effects by Vent Holes", KSTLE, Vol.15, No.2, pp.199-205, 1999.
- Yeo. T. I., "Finite Element Analysis of Thermoelastic Contact Stability with Sliding Friction", J. of KSME, Series A, Vol.22, No.7, pp.1185-1192, 1998.
- Jin-Taek Kim, "A Study of Thermal Behaviors on the Effect of Aspect Ratio of Ventilation Hole in Disk Brake" KSTLE Vol.18, No.6, pp.384-388, 2002.
- A. Floquet and M. C. Dubourg, "Non- axisymmetric Effects for Three Dimensional analysis of Brake," ASME Journal of Tribology, Vol.116, pp.401-408, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2928852
- T. H. Lee, K. Lee and S. J. Jeong, "Otimal Design for the Thermal deformation of Disk Brake by Using Design of Experiments and Finite Element Analysis" KSME Vol.25, No.12, pp.1960-1965, 2001.
- Draper, N.R. and Smith, "Applied Regression Analysis", John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, 1966.
- Seber, G.A.F., "Linear Regression Analsis", John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, 1977.
- 장성민, 조명우, "실험계획법에 의한 척추경의 나사의 최적 절삭조건 결정", 한국기계가공학회지, 제3권, 제2호, pp.3-5, 2004.