- Volume 9 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
An Efficient Evolutionary Algorithm for Optimal Arrangement of RFID Reader Antenna
RFID 리더기 안테나의 최적 배치를 위한 효율적인 진화 연산 알고리즘
- Published : 2009.10.28
Incorrect deployment of RFID readers occurs reader-to-reader interferences in many applications using RFID technologies. Reader-to-reader interference occurs when a reader transmits a signal that interferes with the operation of another reader, thus preventing the second reader from communicating with tags in its interrogation zone. Interference detected by one reader and caused by another reader is referred to as a reader collision. In RFID systems, the reader collision problem is considered to be the bottleneck for the system throughput and reading efficiency. In this paper, we propose a novel RFID reader anti-collision algorithm based on evolutionary algorithm(EA). First, we analyze characteristics of RFID antennas and build database. Also, we propose EA encoding algorithm, fitness algorithm and genetic operators to deploy antennas efficiently. To show superiority of our proposed algorithm, we simulated our proposed algorithm. In the result, our proposed algorithm obtains 95.45% coverage rate and 10.29% interference rate after about 100 generations.
Science Technology;RFID;Antenna;Reader;Tag;EA;Genetic Algorithm;Optimization;Design;Evolutionary Algorithm
- 김현태, 지용관, 박장현, "RFID 를 이용한 이동 로봇의 위치 추정을 위한 실내 공간에서의 태그 배치 알고리듬", 대한기계학회 2006년도 춘계학술대회 강연 및 논문 초록집, pp.1370-1375, 2006.
- Nissan Lev-Tov and David Peleg, "Exact Algorithms and Approximation Schemes for Base Station Placement Problems," LNCS, Vol.2368/2002, pp.15-27, 2002(1). https://doi.org/10.1007/3-540-45471-3_10
- Nissan Lev-Tov and David Peleg, "Polynomial time approximation schemes for base station coverage with minimum total radii," Computer Networks, pp.489-501, 2005(3). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.comnet.2004.08.012
- Silvio Priem Mendes, Juan A. G.mez Pulido, Miguel A. Vega Rodr.guez, Mar.a D. Jara.z Sim.n, Juan M. S.nchez P.rez, "A Differential Evolution Based Algorithm to Optimize the Radio Network Design Problern," Second IEEE International Conference on e-Science and Grid Computing, 2000. e-Science '06, pp.116-119, 2000(12).
- Hai Deng, "Perlonnance Enhancement of Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Using Spread Spectrum Technology", Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, pp.1205-1208, 2007(6). https://doi.org/10.1109/APS.2007.4395717
- Qiang Guan, Yu Liu, Yiping Yang, Wenshneg Yu, "Genetic Approach for Network Planning in the RFID Systems," Sixth International Conference on Intelligent Systems Design and Applications, pp.567-572, 2006(10), https://doi.org/10.1109/ISDA.2006.253899
- Chun-Fu Lin, Frank Yeong-Sung Lin, "A Simulated Annealing Algorithm for RFID Reader Networks," Wireless Communications and Networking Conference, pp.1669-1672, 2007(3) https://doi.org/10.1109/WCNC.2007.314
- Silvio Priem-Mendes, Juan A. Gomez-Pulido, Miguel A. Vega-Rodriguez, Antonio M. Pereira, Juan M. Sanchez Perez, "Fast Wide Area Network Design Optimisation Using Differential Evolution," International Conference on Advanced Engineering Computing and Applications in Sciences, pp.3-10, 2007(11). https://doi.org/10.1109/ADVCOMP.2007.12
- 황희수, Evolutionary Computer and Evolutionary Design by Computer, 내하출판사, 2002.