- Volume 9 Issue 10
This paper is to identify how merchandise quality, store environment, personnel service, sales promotion, store amenities and supporting service which is considered to store image components influence on satisfaction and loyalty and examine the role of satisfaction in explaining relationships between store image and loyalty. The results of the study are as follows: (1) each components of store image influence on cognitive satisfaction or emotionally based satisfaction or loyalty. (2) merchandise quality and store amenities have influence on cognitive satisfaction and emotionally based satisfaction is affected by personnel service and supporting service, but store environment has directly influence on loyalty. (3) store image components that is concerned with service in the store e.g. personnel service, supporting service build customer loyalty by mediating emotionally based satisfaction. In order to build strong customer loyalty, marketer have to formed through store image components that is much stronger on loyalty.
Store Image;Cognitive Satisfaction;Emotionally Based Satisfaction;Loyalty
- D. Mazursky, David,"Exploring the Development of Store Images," Journal of Retailing, Vol.62, No.2, pp.145-165, 1986.
- B. Grete, I. Clarke, and P. Freathy,"Store Image in the UK Fashion Sector: Consumer versus Retailer Perceptions," The International Review of Retail, Distribution and Consumer Research, Vol.9, No.1(January), pp.1-16, 1999 . https://doi.org/10.1080/095939699342651
- G. McDougall and J. Fry, "Combining Two Methods of Image Measurement," Journal of Retailing, Vol.50, No.4(Winter), pp.53-61, 1975.
- M. Mcdonald, Strategic Marketing Planning, London: Kogan Page, 1992.
- J. Nevin and M. Houston, "Images as a Component of Attraction to Intra-Urban Shopping Area," Journal of Retailing, Vol.56, No.1, pp.77-93, 1980.
- D. Koo,"Inter-Relationships among Store Images, Store Satisfaction, and Store Loyalty among Korea Discount Retail Patrons," Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics, Vol.15, No.4, pp.42-71, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1108/13555850310765033
- D. Thang and B. Tan, "Linking Consumer Perception to Preference of Retail Stores: An Empirical Assessment of the Multi-Attributes of Store Image," Journal of Retailing and consumer services, Vol.10, No.4, pp.193-200, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0969-6989(02)00006-1
- P. Martineau, "The Personality of the Retail Store," Harvard Business Review, Vol.36, pp.47-55, 1958.
- Y. Yu and A. Dean,"The Contribution of Emotional Satisfaction to Consumer Loyalty," International Journal of Service Industry Management, Vol.12, No.3, pp.234-250, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1108/09564230110393239
- M. Johns and J. Suh, "Transaction-Specific Satisfaction and Overall Satisfaction: An Empirical Analysis," Journal of Services Marketing, Vol.14, No.2, pp.147-159, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1108/08876040010371555
- R. Marks, "Operationalizing the Concept of Store Image," Journal of Retailing, Vol.52, No.3(Fall), pp.37-46, 1976.
- J. Kunkel and L. Berry, "A Behavioral Conception of Retail Image," Journal of Marketing, Vol.32(October), pp.21-27, 1968
- P. Dolye and I. Fenwick, "How Store Images Affects Shopping Habits in Glocery Chains," Journal of Retailing, Vol.50(winter), pp.39-52, 1974.
- D. James, R. Durand, and R. Dreves, "The Use of a Multi-Attribute Attitude in a Store Image Study," Journal of Retailing, Vol.52(summer), pp.23-32, 1976.
- J. Engel and R. Blackwell, Consumer behavior, New York: Dryden Press, 1992.
- J. Kim and B. Jin, "Korean Consumers' Patronage of Discount Stores: Domestic vs Multinational Discount Store Shoppers' Profiles," Journal of consumer marketing, Vol.18, No.3, pp.236-255, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1108/07363760110393092
- A Majumdar, A., "A Model for Customer Loyalty for Retail Stores inside Shopping Malls- An Indian Perspective," Journal of Services Research, Special Issue, December, pp.47-64, 2005.
- R. Oliver, "A Cognitive Model of Antecedents and Consequences of Satisfaction Decision," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol.17, pp.460-469, 1980. https://doi.org/10.2307/3150499
- R. Bagozzi, M. Gopinath, and P. Nyer, "The role of emotions in marketing," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol.27, No.2, pp.184-206, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1177/0092070399272005
- G. Oderkerken-Schroder, M. van Birgelen, J. Lemmink, K. de Ruyter, and M. Wetzele, "Moments of Sorrow and Joy: An Empirical Assessment of the Complementary Value of Critical Incidents in Understanding Customer Service Evaluations," European Joumal of Marketing, Vol.34, Nos 1/2, pp.107-125, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1108/03090560010306232
- D. Aaker, Managing Brand Equity: Capitalising on the Value of Brand Name, The Free Press, New York, NY, 1991.
- Y. Yu and A. Dean, A.,"The Contribution of Emotional Satisfaction to Consumer Loyalty", International Journal of Service Industry Management, Vol.12, No.3, pp.234-250, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1108/09564230110393239
- W. Na, M. Roger, and L. Keller, "Measuring Brand Power: Validating a Model for Organizing Brand Equity," Journal of Product and Brand Management, Vol.8, No.3, pp.170-184, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1108/10610429910272439
- W. Darden and J. Barry J. Babin, "Exploring the Concept of Affective Quality: Expanding the Concept of Retail Personality," Journal of Business Research, Vol.29, pp.101-109, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1016/0148-2963(94)90014-0
- G. Macintosh and L. Lockshin, "Retail Relationships and Store Loyalty: A Multi-Level Perspective," International Journal of Research in Marketing, pp.487-497, 1997.
- E. Sherman and R. Smith, ''Mood States of Shoppers and Store Image: Promising Interactions and Possible Behavioral Effects," in Wallendorf, M. and Anderson, P.(Eds), Advances in consumer Research, Association for Consumer Research, Provo, UT, p.631, 1996.
- T. Johns and W. Sasser, "Why Satisfied Customer Defect," Harvard Business Review, November-December, pp.75-81, 1995.
- J. Bloemer and H. Kasper, "The Complex Relationship Between Consumer Satisfaction and Brand Loyalty," Journal of Economic Psychology, Vol.16, pp.311-329, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-4870(95)00007-B
- Electromagnetic Wave in all Base Stations vol.11, pp.9, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2011.11.9.026
- The Relationship Among Store Image, Customers' Emotional Responses and Behavior Intention vol.11, pp.9, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2011.11.9.267
- Structural Causal Relationships between Store Image Components and Satisfaction, Trust, Loyalty in Grocery Retailing Stores vol.13, pp.11, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.11.366