- Volume 9 Issue 10
This study analyzed the structural correlation between parent brand attitude, including attitude toward the advertisement, attitude toward the store and brand attitude, and brand extension evaluation, relationships among which are conceived as a brand extension evaluation process. The result of analysis, revealed statistical significances of the differences in the effect levels between attitude toward store and brand attitude, between brand attitude and brand extension evaluation level, and between brand extension evaluation level and purchase intention of an extended product depending on the choice of distribution channel type. Therefore the evaluation level of brand extension should be analyzed by structural relationship model based on the consumer behavior's viewpoint with distribution channel type and it can provide the important information for restructuring distribution channel and increase the level of the successful brand extension.
Distribution Channel Type;Parent Brand Attitude;Evaluation Level of Brand Extension
- P. E. Green and A. M. Krieger, "A Consumer-Based Approach to Designing Product Line Extension," Journal of Product Innovation Management, 4, pp.21-32, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1111/1540-5885.410028
- E. M. Tauber. "Brand Leverage Strategy for Growth in A Cost-Control World," Journal of Advertising Research, 28 (August/September), pp.26-30, 1988.
- P. A. Bottomley and S. J. S. Holden, "Do We Really Know How Consumers Evaluate Brand Extensions? Empirical Generalizations Based on Secondary Analysis of Eight Studies," Journal of Marketing Research, 38(4), 2001.
- K. L. Keller and D. A. Aaker, "Managing the Corporate Brand: The Effect of Corpoate Marketing Activity on Consumer Evaluations of Extensions," Working Paper Report, pp.97-106, Cambridge MA: Marketing Science Institute, 1997.
- D. A. Aaker and K. L. Keller, "Consumer Evaluations of Brand Extension," Journal of Marketing 54, pp.27-41, 1990(1). https://doi.org/10.2307/1252171
- Smith, S. Diniel, and C. W. Park, "The Effects of Brand Extensions on Market Share and Advertising Efficiency," Journal of Marketing Research, 29, pp.296-313, 1992 . https://doi.org/10.2307/3172741
- R. R. Klink and D. C. Smith, "Threats to the External Validity of Brand Extension Research," Journal of Marketing Research, 38, pp.326-335, 2001(8). https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkr.38.3.326.18864
- C. L. Hartman, L. L. Price, and C. O. Duncan, "Consumer evaluation of franchise extensions": A categorization processing perspective, Advances in Consumer Research, 17, pp.120-127, 1990.
- Mitchell, A. Andrew, and C. O. Jerry, "Are product attribute beliefs the only mediator of advertising effects on brand attitudes?", Journal of Marketing Research, 18, pp.318-331, 1981(8). https://doi.org/10.2307/3150973
- L. Mackenzie and Belch, "Testing competing models of advertising effectiveness via structural equation models," Proceedings of the Willter Educators' Conference, Chicago American Marketing Association, pp.70-75, 1983.
- D. L. Huff, "A probabilistic analysis of shopping center trade areas," Land Economics, 39, pp.81-90, 1962. https://doi.org/10.2307/3144521
- J. Lindquist, "The meaning of image," Journal of Retailing, Winter. 50(4), pp.29-38, 1974.
- V. R. Lane, "The impact of ad repetition and ad content on consumer perceptions of incongruent extension," Journal of Marketing, 64, pp.80-91, 2000(4). https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkg.18.104.22.16896
- S. Balachander and S, Ghose, "Reciprocal Spillover Effects" a Strategic Benefit of Brand Extensions," Journal of Marketing, Vol.67, No.1, pp.4-13, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkg.22.214.171.12494
- J. F. Engel and R. D. Blackwell, "Consumer Behavior," 6th ed, Hinsdale: Dryden Press, pp.227-236, 1990.
- S. J. Gross and C. M. Niman, "Attitude-behavior consistency": A review, Public Opinion Quarterly, 39(Fall), pp.358-368, 1975. https://doi.org/10.1086/268234
- D. A. Aaker and Jennifer, "Dimensions of Brand Personality", Journal of Marketing Research, 34, pp.347-357, 1997(8). https://doi.org/10.2307/3151897
- E. H. Lief, D. C. Leslie, and M. I. Nina, "Factors Influencing Successful Brand Extensions," Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration, pp.7-11, 2001.
- 윤성중, 유통경로유형별 모 브랜드태도와 브랜드확장 평가도의 관계에 관한 연구, 박사학위논문, 공주대학교 대학원, 2006.
- P. Kotler. Marketing Management-Analysis, Planning, and Control, 11th. ed. Englewood Cliffs, N. J:Prentice-Hall., 2004.
- 배병렬, LISREL 구조방정식모델, 서울: 청람, p.457, 2005.
- 오세조.박진용, 시장지향적 유통관리, 박영사, 2005.
- Effect of Brand Extension on Parent Brand in Mobile Service vol.15, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2015.15.01.399