- Volume 13 Issue 10
As the operating frequency of digital system increases and voltage swing decreases, an accurate and high speed analysis of PCB board becomes very important. Transmission matrix method, which use the multiple products of unit column matrix, is the highest speedy method in PCB board analysis. In this paper a new method to reduce the calculation time of PCB board impedances is proposed. First, in this method the eigenvalue and eigenvectors of the transmission matrix for unit column of PCB are calculated and the transmission matrix for the unit column is transformed using similarity transform to reduce the number of multiplication on the matrix elements. This method using the similarity transform can reduce the calculation time greatly comparing the previous method. The proposed method is applied to the 1.3 inch by 1.9 inch board and shows about 10 times reduction of calculation time. This method can be applied to the PCB design which needs a lots of repetitive calculation of board impedances.
- I. Novak, "Reducing Simultaneous Switching Noise and EMI on Ground/Power Planes by Dissipative Edge Termination,' IEEE Trans. on Advanced Packaging, Vol. ww, no. 3, pp. 274-283, Aug. 1999
- D. G. Swanson and W. J. R. Hoefer, "Microwave Circuit Modeling Using Electromagnetic Feld Simulations" Artech House 2003
- J. Kim, M. Swaminathan, and Y. Suh, "Modeling of Power Distribution Networks for Mixed Signal Applications," 2001 IEEE EMC Symposium Digest, Tmas. on VLSI System, pp. 1117-1122,2001
- J. Kim and M. Swaminathan, "Modeling of Irregular Shaped Power Distribution Planes Using Transmission Matrix Method," IEEE Trans. on Adv. Packaging, Vol. 24, No.3, pp. 334-346, Aug. 2001 https://doi.org/10.1109/6040.938301
- Y. Suh, "A Fast Computation method in Frequency Domain for Power Ground plane impedance calculation Using Mobius Transform," IEEE Trans. Adv. Pakaging, Vol. 31, No.2, pp. 320-325, May, 2008 https://doi.org/10.1109/TADVP.2008.920640