- Volume 13 Issue 10
The application range of IEEE 802.11 wireless LAN has rapidly expanding from campus, enterprise to the public network of Hot Spot area due to the advantages of easiness of construction, mobility of wireless client station, convenience of usage and so on. However the security of WLAN(Wireless LAN) is vulnerable inherently because of using RF as a medium, and so the dangers of infringement of personal information and inside data of enterprises have increased and wardriving attack searching for security vulnerability in wireless LAN has become more serious especially. In this paper, we find out the overview of various procedures and preparatory stages for wardriving attack against wireless LAN, and propose complementary methods to prevent information infringement accidents from wardriving attack in wireless LAN. For this purpose, we make an equipment which is suitable for wardriving in wireless LAN and show security vulnerability of AP(Access Point) operation in WLAN around Yangjae-Dong in Seoul as a result of using the equipment.
- Duggan. J., "Threats to the Mobile Enterprise: Jurisprudence Analysis of Wardriving and Warchalking", International conference on infonnation techmology, Vol.5 No.2 pp. 268-273, Apr., 2004
- Mike Loukides, Colleen Gonnan, "Security Power Tools", 1, pp. 101-129, pp. 225-241, Aug 2007
- Mike Loukides, "802.11 Wireless Networks: The Definitive Guide", 2, pp. 114-238, Apr 2005
- Duggan. I., "Wardriving around Campus: Assessing the security of selected campus WLANs", ed media proceedings 2004, Vol. 1, pp. 44-49., 2004
- Sathu, H., "WarDriving Dilemmas", conference of the national advisory committee on computing qualifications, Vol. 1, pp. 237-242, Jul., 2006
- Mark Silberstein, "High Perfonnance Computing on GPUs using NVlDIA CUDA", Slides include some 2128 material from GPGPU tutorial at SIGGRAPH2007, 1, pp. 4-34, 2007
- 유장환, "동축케이블 손실에 따른 안테나 성능비교", http://cafe.naver.com/rfeng
- 최영남(2008), "A change of war-driving trend"