- Volume 12 Issue 5
In general, the analysis of travelers' mode choice behavior is accomplished by developing the utility functions which reflect individual's preference of mode choice according to their demographic and travel characteristics. In this paper, we propose a methodology that takes the spatial effects of individuals' departure locations into account in the mode choice model. The statistical models considered here are spatial logistic regression model and conditional autoregressive model taking a spatial association parameter into account. We employed the Bayesian approach in order to obtain more reliable parameter estimates. The proposed methodology allows us to estimate mode shares by departure places even though the survey does not cover all areas.
- Varameth, V., Kazuaki, M., Yoshijuki, T.(2005), "Mixed Logit Model Framework with Structuralized Spatial Effecs: A Test of Applicability with Area Unit Systems in Location Analysis," Journal of the Eastern Asia Society for Transportation Studies, Vol. 6, pp. 3789-3802
- Haider, M. and Miller, E.J.(2000), "Effects of Transportation Infrastructure and Location on Residential Real Estate Values: Application of Spatial Autoregressive Techniques," Transportation Research Record 1722, TRB, National Research Council, Washington, D.C., 2000, pp. 1-8
- Besag, J.(1974). "Spatial interaction and the statistical analysis of lattice systems (with Discusstions)," Journal of the Royal Statistifal Society, Series B, Vol. 36, 192-236
- Hughes-Oliver, J. M., Heo, T-Y, Ghosh, S.(2009), "An Autoregressive point source model for spatial processes," accepted in Environmetrics https://doi.org/10.1002/env.957
- 경한국철도기술연구원(2003), "부고속철도 연계교통체계 구축 기본계획 수립 연구."
- Tanner, M. A. and Wong, W. H.(1987), "The calculation of posterior distributions by data augmentation (with discusstion)," Journal of the American Statistical Association, Vol. 82, pp. 528-550 https://doi.org/10.2307/2289457
- Gelfand, A. E. and Smith, A. F. M.(1990), "Sampling based approaches to calculating marginal densities," Journal of the American Statistical Association, Vol. 85, pp. 398-409 https://doi.org/10.2307/2289776
- Spiegellhalter, D. J., Thomas, A., and Best, N. G.(2000), "WinBUGS Version 1.3 User Manual." Cambridge: Medical Research Council Biostatistics Unit
- Gelman, A. and Rubin, D. B.(1992), "Inference from iterative simulation using multiple sequence (with Discussion)," Statistical Science, Vol. 7, 457-511 https://doi.org/10.1214/ss/1177011136