- Volume 12 Issue 5
A Study on the Feasibility of Evaluating the Complexity of KTX Driving Tasks
KTX 운전직무에 대한 복잡도 평가 - 타당성 연구
- 박진균 (한국원자력연구원 종합안전평가부) ;
- 정원대 (한국원자력연구원 종합안전평가부) ;
- 장승철 (한국원자력연구원 종합안전평가부) ;
- 고종현 (한국수력원자력 원자력발전기술원 방사선기술실)
- Published : 2009.10.30
According to the result of related studies, the degradation of human performance has been revealed as one of the most significant causes resulting in the safety of any human-involved system. This means that preventing the occurrence of accidents/incidents through avoiding the degradation of human performance is prerequisite for their successive operation. To this end, it is necessary to develop a plausible tool to evaluate the complexity of a task, which has been known as one of the decisive factors affecting the human performance. For this reason, in this paper, the complexity of tasks to be conducted by KTX drivers was quantified by TACOM measure that is enable to quantify the complexity of proceduralized tasks being used in nuclear power plants. After that, TACOM scores about the tasks of KTX drivers were compared with NASA-TLX scores that are responsible for the level of a subjective workload to be felt by KTX drivers.
- Environmental Health Center(1999), 'New ways to prevent chemical incidents,' EPA 550-B-99-012, Washington D.C.
- W. H. Moore(1994), "The grounding of Exxon Valdez: An examination of the human and organizational factors," Marine Technology, Vol. 31, No. 1, pp. 41~51
- 건설교통부(2006), "철도안전종합계획 제1차(2006~2010),"
- S. Hall(1997), "Railway Accidents," Ian Allan Publishing
- J. Park and W. Jung(2006), "A study on the validity of a task complexity measure for emergency operating procedures of nuclear power plants - comparing with a subjective workload," IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science, Vol. 53, pp. 1~9 https://doi.org/10.1109/TNS.2005.845783
- 정원대, 고종현, 박진균, 곽상록, 임승수(2006), "NASA-TLX 방법에 의한 KTX 운전 직무부하 분석," 한국철도학회 2006 추계학술대회
- J. Park and W. Jung(2007), "A study on the revision of the TACOM measure," IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science, Vol.54, pp. 2666~2676 https://doi.org/10.1109/TNS.2007.906783
- R. Leitch and M. Gallanti(1992), "Task classification for knowledge-based systems in industrial automation," IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cyvernetics, Vol. 22, p.142~152 https://doi.org/10.1109/21.141318
- J. Park(2009), "The complexity of Proceduralized Tasks," Springer-Verlag, UK, to be published in 2009
- 부산 고속철도기관사 승무사무소(2005), "KTX 고장조치 편람 및 기준운전선도"
- S. G. Hart, and . E. staveland(1988), "Development of NASA-TLX (Task Load Index): Results of empirical and theoretical research," In: Human Mental Workload, P. A. Hancock and N. Meshkati, Ed. North-Holland: Elsevier Science Publisher B. V., pp. 139~183
- Y. Liu, and C. D. Wickens(1994), "Mental workload and cognitive task automaticity: an evaluation of subjective and time estimation metrics," Ergonomics, Vol. 37, pp. 1843~1854 https://doi.org/10.1080/00140139408964953
- S. Miyake(2001), "Multivariate workload evaluation combining physiological and subjective measures," International Journal of Psychophysiology, Vol. 40, pp. 233~238 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-8760(00)00191-4
- T. E. Nygren(1991), "Psychometric properties of subjective workload measurement techniques: implications for their use in the assessment of perceived mental workload," Human Factors, Vol. 33, No. 1, pp. 17~33 https://doi.org/10.1177/001872089103300102
- S. G. Hill, H. P. Iavecchia, J. C. Byers, A. C. Bittner, Jr., A. L. Zaklad, and R. E. Christ(1992), "Comparison of four subjective workload rating scale," Human Factors, Vol. 24, No. 4, pp. 429~439