- Volume 9 Issue 2
In 2005, Chien and Chen proposed a remote user authentication scheme for preserving user anonymity to conquer some problems Das et. al. schemes have. In 2007, Hu et. al. pointed out that their scheme have some problems. Therefore, they proposed a new one and claimed that their scheme overcome all of these problems. However, We will show that Hu et. al. scheme still hold some problems; it cannot resist to denial of service attack and protect the user anonymity. Hence, we propose ours and demonstrate our scheme conquer these problems.
- H. Y. Chien and C. H. Chen, "A remote authentication scheme preserving user anonymity," IEEE AINA'05, Vol.2, pp.245-248, 2005(3). https://doi.org/10.1109/AINA.2005.54
- M. L. Das, A. Saxena, and V. P. Gulati, "A dynamic ID-based remote user authentication scheme," IEEE Trans. On Consumer Electronics, Vol.50, No.2, pp.629-631, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCE.2004.1309441
- Hu, Yang and Niu, "Improved Remote User Authentication Scheme Preserving User Anonymity," IEEE CNSR'07, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/CNSR.2007.38
- W. C. Ku, C. M. Chen, and H. L. Lee, "Cryptanalysis of a variant of Peyravian-Zunic's password authentication scheme," IEICE Trans. Commun., Vol.E86-B, No.5, pp.1682-1684, 2003(5).
- H. M. Qiu, Y. X. Yang, and Z. M. Hu, "A new mutual user authentication scheme using smart card," Application Research of Computers, No.12, pp.103-105, 2005.
- E. J. Yoon and K. Y. Yoo, "More efficient and secure remote user authentication scheme using smart cards," IEEE ICPADS'05, Vol.2, pp.73-77, 2005(7). https://doi.org/10.1109/ICPADS.2005.199
- P. Kocher, J. Jaffe, and B. Jun, "Differential power analysis," Proc. Advances in Cryptology (CRYPTO'99), pp.388-397, 1999.
- T. S. Messerges, E. A. Dabbish, and R. H. Sloan, "Examining smart card security under the threat of power analysis attacks," IEEE Trans. on Computers, Vol.51, No.5, pp.541-552, 2002(5). https://doi.org/10.1109/TC.2002.1004593
- W. C. Ku and S. M. Chen, "Weaknesses and improvements of an efficient password based remote user authentication scheme using smart cards," IEEE Trans. on Consumer Electronics, Vol.50, No.1, pp.204-207, 2004(2). https://doi.org/10.1109/TCE.2004.1277863
- W. C. Ku, C. M. Chen, and H. L. Lee, "Cryptan- alysis of a variant of Peyravian-Zunic's password authentication scheme," IEICE Trans. Commun., Vol.E86-B, No.5, pp.1682-1684, 2003(5).
- E. J. Yoon, E. K. Ryu, and K. Y. Yoo, "Further improvement of an efficient password based remote user authentication scheme using smart cards," IEEE Trans. on Consumer Electronics, Vol.50, No.2, pp.612-614, 2004(5). https://doi.org/10.1109/TCE.2004.1309437
- M. Joye and F. Oliver, "Side channel analysis," Encyclopedia of cryptography and security, Kluwer Academic publishers, pp.571-576, 2005.
- P. Kocher, J. Jaffe, and B. Jun, "Differential Power Analysis," Proceedings of Advances in cryptology (Crypto ''99), LCNS 1666, pp.388-397, 1999.