- Volume 9 Issue 2
The growing need for the mobility supportable networks induces the IP-based mobility management protocols. Though HMIPv6 which manages the micro-mobility of mobile nodes using MAPs suggests an effective method for mobility-support for mobile nodes within the domain that is managed by MAP. There is a problem that traffic may be concentrated on MAPs. In this paper, therefore, we proposed a method that can effectively distribute the traffic which is concentrated on a MAP under phased Mobile IPv6. In our proposed method, two or more MAPs are required and classified as an 'Active MAP' or a 'Passive MAP'. In addition, we defined the state of transition events between Active MAP and Passive MAP and the operations among MAPs for load distribution when an overload condition is occurred at some MAPs by traffic congestion. We compared the performance of our proposed method with its phased Mobile IPv6 to prove the propriety of our proposed method. As a result, we showed that our proposed method can provide an enhanced performance by about 12 percentages in view of packet throughput at the node.
HMIPv6;Mobile IPv6;MAP;Active MAP;Passive MAP
- 변해선, 이미정, "Load Balancing Mechanisms for Foreign Agents in Hierarchical Mobile IPv4 Networks", 정보과학회논문지, 정보통신, 제32권, 제2호, 2005.
- P. Jaehong, "Mobile IP Application Technology," Telecommunications Review, 제14권, 제5호, 2004.
- 한국전산원, "A Study on a Network Deployment for Mobile IPv4/IPv6," 2004.
- D. Johnson, C. Perkins, and J. Arkko, "Mobility support in IPv6," IETF RFC 3775, 2004.
S. Hesham, C. Claude, E. M. Karim, B. Ludovic, "Hierarchical Mobile IPv6 mobility management," IETF Internet draft,
- M. Bandai and I. Sasase, "A Load Balancing Mobility Management for Multilevel Hierarchical Mobile IPv6 Networks," in Proc. IEEE PIMRC, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/PIMRC.2003.1264314
- G. Eva, J. Annika, E. Charles, Perkins, "Mobile IPv4 Regional Registration," IETF Internet draft, draft-ietf-mobileip-reg- tunnel-05.txt, 2002.
- J. Xie and I. F. Akyildiz, "An Optimal Location Management Scheme for Minimizing Signaling Cost in Mobile IP', Communications. ICC 2002, IEEE International Conference on, Vol.5, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICC.2002.997445
- 김영헌, 문영성, "Adaptive Selection of MIPv6 and Hierarchical MIPv6 for Minimizing Signaling Cost", 전자공학회 논문지, 제43권, TC편, 제1호, 2006.
- 장성식, "HMIPv6에서 핸드오버 지연 및 패킷 손실 감소를 위한 2차 MAP 이용 기법", 전자공학회논문지, 제42권, TC편, 제2호, 2005.
- 정계갑, 이상욱, 김준년, "페이징 영역 크기에 따른 계층적 이동 IPv6의 성능분석", 정보통신확회논문지, Vol.28, 2003.
- R. Ramjee and L. Li, "IP paging Service for Mobile Host," ACM SIGMOBILE, 2001.
- H. Nam, S. H. Choong, "Load Decentralizing Architecture of MAP for Hierarchical MIPv6," MATA 2004