- Volume 9 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Design and Performance Analysis of Framework for Guaranteeing QoS of Robot Components
로봇 컴포넌트의 QoS 보장을 위한 프레임워크의 설계 및 성능분석
- Published : 2009.02.28
The growth of CPU and communication technologies have made an important contribution to the development of the network-based intelligent service robots. Robot software must guarantee the correct execution and safety of the user. To achieve this, it is highly required to research how to guarantee the QoS of the components which organize a robot software. The QoS of robot components aims to execute the component stably by processing the data stream in a correct way. By guaranteeing QoS, we can achieve the intelligence and stability of robots. In this paper, we design and implement the QoS framework to guarantee the QoS of robot components on robot platforms with limited resources. We also measure the response times of QoS requests and present the performance analysis results about it.
Intelligent Service Robots;Components;QoS Manager;Framework
- 홍성수, "RSCA : 분산 로봇 플랫폼에서 임베디드소프트웨어의 동적 재구성을 지원하는 통합 미들웨어", 한국통신학회지, 제21권, 제10호, pp22-35,2004.
- Dept. of Neural Information Processing, Univ. of Ulm, Germany, "Miro Manual ver0.9.4," 2006.
- Hans Utz, S. Sablatn.g, S. Enderle, and G. Kraetzschmar, "Miro-Middleware for Mobile Robot Applications," IEEE Transactions on robotics and automation, Vol.18, No.4, pp.493-497, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/TRA.2002.802930
- OMG, "Robotic Technology Component(RTC) Specification," 2006.
- EURON(the EUropean RObotics Network), "The Orocos Component Builder's Manual ver1.4.1", 2008.
- L. R. Welch, "Distributed, Scalable, Dependable Real-Time Systems : Middleware Service and Applications," Parallel and Distributed Processing, 13th International, 1999.
- R. Binoy, "Resource Management Middleware for Dynamic, Dependable Real-Time Systems," Real-Time Systems Vol.20, pp.183-196, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1008141921230
- The Open Group Research Institute System/ Technology Development Corp., "Managing Quality of Service within Distributed Environments," 2002.
- B. Shirazi, "QoS Middleware Support for Pervasive Computing Applications," System Sciences, Proceedings of the 37th Annual Hawaii International Conference, 2004.
- C. D. Cavanaugh and L. R. Welch, "Quality of Service Negotiation for Distributed, Dynamic, Real-Time Systems," Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol.1800, 2000.
- D. A. Menasce and H. Ruan, H. Gomaa, "QoS management in service-oriented architectures," Performance Evaluation, Vol.64, pp646-663, Issue 7-8, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.peva.2006.10.001
- A. D. Ferdinando, P. Ezhilchelvan, M. Dales, and J. Crowcroft, "A QoS-Negotiable Middleware System for Reliably Multicasting Messages of Arbitrary Size," Proceedings of the 9th IEEE International Symposium on Object and Component-Oriented Real-Time Distributed Computing, pp.253-260, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/ISORC.2006.10