- Volume 9 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Effect of Proprioceptive Exercise on Walking Velocity, Activities of Daily Living and Depression in Elderly Women
고유수용성 운동이 여성노인의 보행속도, 일상생활활동 및 우울에 미치는 영향
- Published : 2009.02.28
The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effects of proprioceptive exercise on walking velocity, activities of daily living(ADL) and depression in elderly women. This study was nonequivalent control group pre-post test design. Subjects were divided into two group(exercise group=17, control group=15). Experimental group conducted proprioceptive exercise program for eight-week. Walking velocity was assessed by 10m-walk test and depression and ADL were assessed by questionnaire. The collected data analyzed by Wilcoxon singed rank test and Mann-Whitney U test. The exercise group significantly improved walking velocity. But control group changes were negligible. The program was effective on walking in elderly women.
Proprioceptive Exercise;Elderly Women;Walking Velocity;Activities of Daily Living;Depression
- American College of Sports Medicine, "ACSM position stand on exercise and physical activity for older adults," Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, Vol.30, pp.992-108, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1097/00005768-199806000-00033
- 통계청, 장래인구특별추계결과, 2005.
- P. A. Parmelee, I. R. Katz, and M. P. Lawton, "Depression among institutionalized aged: Assessment and prevalence estimation," J Gerontol, Vol.44, pp.M22-29, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1093/geronj/44.1.M22
- A. A. Guccione, Geriatric Physical Therpy, Mosby, pp.161-170, 2000.
- J. M. Mossey, K. Knott, and R. Craik, "The effects of persistent depressive symptoms on hip fracture recovery," J Gerontol, Vol.45, pp.M163-168, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1093/geronj/45.5.M163
- 신준용, 수중 복합 Training과 Detraining이 노인들의 낙상관련 체력과 보행형태에 미치는 영향, 충북대학교대학원 박사학위논문, 2005.
- 박종현, 견인 운동이 고령자의 체력 및 보행에 미치는 효과, 서강대학교대학원 석사학위논문, 2007.
- 허혜경, 김미정, 조미옥, 최상순, "노인의 신체적균형, 일상생활활동과 우울증과의 관계", 한국노년학회, 제6권, pp.3-18, 1997.
- J. H. Patrick, J. C. Johnson, R. T. Goins, and D. K. Brown, "The effects of depressed affect on functional disability among rural older adults," Quality of Life Research, Vol.13, pp.959-967, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1023/B:QURE.0000025585.92340.7a
- D. O. Clark, T. E. Stump, S. L. Hui, and F. D. Wolinsky, "Predictors of mobility and basic ADL difficulty among adults aged 70 years and older," Journal of Aging and Health, Vol.10, No.4, pp.422-40, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1177/089826439801000402
- 김난수, 신체활동 증진프로그램이 노인의 신체활동량, 체력 및 건강관련 삶의 질에 미치는 영향, 고려대학교대학원 박사학위논문, 2004.
- P. J. O'Connor, L. E. Aenchbacker III, and R. K. Dishman, "Physical activity and depression in the elderly," J Aging & Physical Activity, Vol.1, pp.34-58, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1123/japa.1.1.34
- 이선희, Aero step 운동과 Weight Training 운동이 남성 노인의 넘어짐 관련 자세, 체력, 지질호르몬에 미치는 영향, 이화여자대학교대학원 석사학위논문, 2007.
- G. Borg, Borg's perceived exertion and painscales, Human Kinetics, 1998.
- 송미순, 노인의 생활기능상태 예측모형 구축, 서울대학교대학원 박사학위논문, 1991.
- 기백석, "노인 우울 척도 단축형의 표준화 예비연구", 신경정신의학, 제35권, 제2호, pp.298-307,1996.
- J. J. Gallo and B. D. Lebowitz, "The epidermiology of common late-life mental disorders in the community: themes for the new century," Psychiatr Serv. Vol.50, No.9, pp.1158-66, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1176/ps.50.9.1158
- C. F. Emery and M. Gatz, "Psychological & cognitive effects of an exercise program for community-residing older adults," Gerontological Society of America, Vol.30, No.2, pp.184-188, 1990.
- S. Eyigor, H. Karapolat, B. Durmaz, U. Ibisoglu, and S. Cakir, "A randomized controlled trial of Turkish folklore dance on the physical performance, balance, depression and quality of life in older women," Arch Gerontol Geriatr, Doi: 10. 1016/j.archger, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.archger
- H. K. M. Antunes, S. G. Stella, R. F. Santos, O. F. A. Bueno, and M. T. Mello, "Depression, anxiety and quality of life scores in seniors after an endurance exercise program," Rev Bras Psiquiatr, Vol.27, No.4, pp.266-271, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1590/S1516-44462005000400003
- T. Wada, M. Ishine, T. Sakagami, E. Okumiya, M. Fujisawa, S. Murakami, K. Otsuka, S. Yano, T. Kita, and K. Matsubayashi, "Depression in Japanese community-dwelling elderly-prevalence and association with ADL and QOL," Arch Gerontol Geriatr, Vol.39, pp.15-23, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.archger.2003.12.003
- S. Demura and S. Sato, "Relationships between depression, lifestyle and quality of life in the community dwelling elderly: A comparison between gender and age groups," J Physiol Anthropol, Vol.22, No.3, pp.159-166, 2003. https://doi.org/10.2114/jpa.22.159
- J. M. Potter, A. L. Evans, and G. Duncan, "Gait speed and activities of daily living function in geriatric patients," Arch Phys Med Rehabil, Vol.76, pp.997-999, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0003-9993(95)81036-6
- H. Hashidate and Y. Uchiyama, "Usefulness of functional gait reserve relative to activities of daily living in the elderly people," Nippon Ronen Igakkai Zasshi, Vol.44, No.3, pp.367-374, 2007. https://doi.org/10.3143/geriatrics.44.367
- T. L. Kolbe-Alexander, E. V. Lambert, and K. E. J. Charlton, "Effectiveness of a community based low intensity exercise program for older adults," Nutr Health Aging, Vol.10, No.1, pp.21-29, 2006.
- 이성은, 발목관절가동범위증진프로그램이 노인의 보행과 균형력 향상에 미치는 효과, 단국대학교대학원 석사학위논문, 2002.
- 김종우, 골반부와 하지 근육 대한 탄성저항 운동이 노인들의 보행 및 균형능력에 미치는 영향, 계명대학교대학원 석사학위논문, 2006.
- The Effects of an Exercise Program using a Resident Volunteer as a Lay Health Leader for Elders' Physical Fitness, Cognitive Function, Depression, and Quality of Life vol.24, pp.3, 2013, https://doi.org/10.12799/jkachn.2013.24.3.346