- Volume 9 Issue 11
Proliferation of high performance internet infrastructures finally allows their users download a single copy of regular movie just within in a couple of seconds. Ease of accesses to the software for downloading consequently leads them insensitive to the ethics or legitimacy of their conduct. Thus, strong legal action is enforced for piracy over nationally through strengthen the copyright law. We in this paper conducted a survey to see whether netizens prefer to download just for the matter of their convenience. Whilst the level of awareness is addressed even in a far-fetched manner in the area of music piracy and computer software piracy, the case of movie is much different in that we even fail to find any survey that has been made for movie piracy. The survey has been made by devising questionnaires for netizens and it was posted web WorldSurvey, which is the most prominent online survey site in Korea. To our surprise, 9 out of 10 respondents expressed they actually resort to illegal downloading for the reason of convenience. We realized one more surprise. More than 95% of netizens conspicuously aware of their downloading behaviors are mischievous and illegal without reservation.
- 대한민국 문화관광부, "저작권의 물길을 따라 지식산업의 강이 흐를 수 있도록" 문화관광부 저작권 산업팀, 2007.
- 김민석, "우리 DC 기업의 해외 피해 실태 조사 및 대응방안 연구", 한국 소프트웨어진흥원, 2005.
- 김성우, 김진욱, "개정 저작권법 시행에 따른 반응과 해외 동향", kt경제경영연구소, 2009.
- B. Stelter and B. Stone, "Digital Pirates Winning Battle With Studios，" www.nytreprints.com, 2001.
- kt경제경영연구소, "SW 및 콘텐츠 불법복제 방지 해외 정책 사례", 2009.
- "일본, 불법 사이트서 다운로드 금지 추진," http://www.etnews.co.kr/news/
- 성경숙, "KOFIC 해외통신원 리포트, 독일의 불법 복제 피해 현황과 대책", 영화진흥위원회, 2008.