- Volume 9 Issue 11
Filtering has been used to improve the image quality not only in MRI but in most image processing fields. In this paper, modified Fermi-Direc filter was transformed in various shapes, and then the optimum shape was designed. In addition, Newly made filter was applied in real clinic, which showed the obvious improvement in image quality. In conclusion, filtered image was superior to original image in contrast and sharpness. Then, this was proved by the histogram of R, G, B channel used for the quantitative analysis.
- M. T. Vlaardingerbroek, J. A. den Voer, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Springer, 1996.
- R. Gonzalez and R. Woods, Digital Image Processing, Addison-Wesley, Reading, MA. 1992.
- D. Geman and C. Yang, "Nonlinear image recovery with half-quadratic regularization," IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 4, no. 7, pp. 932-946, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1109/83.392335
- A. Jain, Fundamentals of Digital Image Processing, Prentice-Hall, 1986, Chap. 8.
- Mahesh, R.K. Gupta, R. Kalyanaraman, S.B. Rao, V.S.N. Kaliprasad, P.V.K. Reddy, R.K.S. Rathore, "Truncation artifact Reduction in MRI with a New Class of Filters.", Magnetic Resonnance in Medicine, 1993
- R. Archibald and A. Gelb, "A method to reduce the Gibbs ringing artifact in MRI scans while keeping tissue boundary integrity," IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 305-319, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMI.2002.1000255
- R. T. Constable and R.M. Henkelman, "Data extrapolation for truncation artifact removal," Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, Vol.17, No.1, pp.108-118, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1002/mrm.1910170115
- S. Amartur and E. M. Haacke, "Modified iterative model based on data extrapolation method to reduce Gibbs ringing," Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Vol.1, No.3, pp.307-317, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1002/jmri.1880010309
- K. P. Pruessmann, M. Weiger, P. Bornert, and P. Boesiger, "Advances in sensitivity encoding with arbitrary k-space trajectories," Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, Vol.46, No.4, pp.638-651, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1002/mrm.1241