- Volume 9 Issue 11
본 연구는 생체역학 모델에 기반한 상지훈련을 통해서 강직성 사지마비(spastic quadriplegia) 아동의 균형능력과 상지기능의 변화를 알아보고자 하였다. 매 회기마다 앉은 자세 및 선 자세에서 기능적 팔 뻗기 검사를 실시하였고, 초기와 마지막 회기에 아동 균형척도(Pediatric Berg Balance Scale)와 3차원 동작분석 시스템(CMS-70P, Zebris Medizintechnik Gmbh, Germany)을 사용하여 움직임을 측정하였다. 1주간 기초선 측정 후, 4주간 매 40분씩 12회기 동안 생체역학적 모델에 기반한 상지훈련을 실시한 결과, 기능적 팔 뻗기 검사에서 모든 측정값이 기초선 평균의 +2SD(standard deviation)를 벗어났다. 동작 분석 시스템 상에서 수행 시간, 최고 속도, 최고 속도 도달 시간, 움직임 단위 수가 향상되었고, 아동 균형 척도 검사결과가 향상되었다. 따라서, 생체역학 모델에 기반한 상지훈련은 상지기능 향상뿐만 아니라 균형 향상에도 긍정적 도움이 될 것으로 사료되며, 연구 결과의 일반화를 위해서 대상자와 과제를 다양화한 추후 연구가 필요할 것이다.
- P. Kramer and J. Hinojosa, Frames of reference for pediatric occupational therapy, 3rd ed. Baltimore, Md.: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2009.
- A Shumway-Cook, S. Hutchinson, D. Kartin, R. Price, and M. Woollacott, "Effect of balance training on recovery of stability in children with cerebral palsy," Dev Med Child Neurol, Vol.45, pp.591-602, 2003(9). https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1469-8749.2003.tb00963.x
- F. B. Horak and L. M. Nashner, "Central programming of postural movements: adaptation to altered support-surface configurations," J Neurophysiol, Vol.55, pp.1369-81, 1986(6).
- L. M. Nashner, "Analysis of movement control in man using the movable platform," Adv Neurol, Vol.39, pp.607-19, 1983.
- L. Oddsson and A. Thorstensson, "Fast Voluntary trunk flexion movements in standing: motor patterns," Acta Physiol Scand, Vol.129, pp.93-106, 1987(1). https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1748-1716.1987.tb08044.x
- A. Pedotti, P. Crenna, A. Deat, C. Frigo, and J. Massion, "Postural synergies in axial movements: short and long-term adaptation," Exp Brain Res, Vol.74, pp.3-10, 1989.
- J. Noronha, A. Bundy, and J. Groll, "The effect of positioning on the hand function of boys with cerebral palsy," Am J Occup Ther, Vol.43, pp.507-12, 1989(8). https://doi.org/10.5014/ajot.43.8.507
- J. H. Carr and R. B. Shepherd, A motor relearning programme for stroke, 2nd ed. Oxford Rockville, Md: Heinemann Medical Books ; Aspen Publishers, 1987.
- P. M. Davies, Steps to follow : a guide to the treatment of adult hemiplegia : based on the concept of K. and B. Bobath. Berlin ; New York: Springer-Verlag, 1985.
- R. W. Bohannon, "Recovery and correlates of trunk muscle strength after stroke," Int J Rehabil Res, Vol.18, pp.162-167, 1995(6). https://doi.org/10.1097/00004356-199506000-00010
- J. Mohr, "Management of the trunk in adult hemiplegia: the Bobath concept," Topics in neurology. Alexandria: American Physical Therapy Association, 1990.
- L. Bly, The components of normal movement during the first year of life and abnormal motor development: Neuro-Developmental Treatment Association; Pittengen and Associates, 1983.
- C. Dean, R. Shepherd, and R. Adams, "Sitting balance I: trunk-arm coordination and the contribution of the lower limbs during self-paced reaching in sitting," Gait Posture, Vol.10, pp.135-46, 1999(10). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0966-6362(99)00026-0
- G. Gillen and A. Burkhardt, Stroke rehabilitation : a function-based approach, 2nd ed. St. Louis, Mo.: Mosby, 2004.
- C. M. Dean, E. F. Channon, and J. M. Hall, "Sitting training early after stroke improves sitting ability and quality and carries over to standing up but not to walking: a randomised trial," Aust J Physiother, Vol.53, pp.97-102, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0004-9514(07)70042-9
- C. M. Dean and R. B. Shepherd, "Task-related training improves performance of seated reaching tasks after stroke. A randomized controlled trial," Stroke, Vol.28, pp.722-728, 1997(4). https://doi.org/10.1161/01.STR.28.4.722
- J. H. Carr and R. B. Shepherd, Stroke rehabilitation : guidelines for exercise and training to optimize motor skill, 1st ed. Edinburgh; New York: Butterworth-Heinemmn, 2003.
- J. Case-Smith, A. Allen, and P. Pratt, Occupational therapy for children: Mosby Inc, 2005.
- A. Shumway-Cook and M. H. Woollacott, Motor control : translating research into clinical practice, 3rd ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2007.
- P. A. Burtner, C. Qualls, and M. H. Woollacott, "Muscle activation characteristics of stance balance control in children with spastic cerebral palsy," Gait Posture, Vol.8, pp.163-174, Dec 1 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0966-6362(98)00032-0
- L. M. Nashner, A. Shumway-Cook, and O. Marin, "Stance posture control in select groups of children with cerebral palsy: deficits in sensory organization and muscular coordination," Exp Brain Res, Vol.49, pp.393-409, 1983.
- M. Rice, A. J. Alaimo, and J. A. Cook, ''Movement dynamics and occupational embeddedness in a grasping and placing task," Occupational Therapy International, Vol.6, pp.298-307, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1002/oti.103
- M. R. Franjoine, J. S. Gunther, and M. J. Taylor, "Pediatric balance scale: a modified version of the berg balance scale for the school-age child with mild to moderate motor impairment," Pediatr Phys Ther, Vol.15, pp.114-28, Summer 2003. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.PEP.0000068117.48023.18
- J. Gottman and S. Leiblum, How to do psychotherapy and how to evaluate it: A manual for beginners: Harcourt School, 1974.
- P. Kramer and J. Hinojosa, Frames of reference for pediatric occupational therapy, 2nd ed. Philadelphia: Williams & Wilkins, 1999.
- R. W. Bohannon, "Lateral trunk flexion strength: impairment, measurement reliability and implications following unilateral brain lesion," Int J Rehabil Res, Vol.15, pp.249-51, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1097/00004356-199209000-00010
- C. Winstein, A. M. Wing, and J. Whitalr, "Motor control and learning principles for rehabilitation of upper limb movements after brain injury," Plasticity and Rehabilitation., 2003.
- T. L. Gasser-Wieland and M. S. Rice, "Occupational embeddedness during a reaching and placing task with survivors of cerebral vascular accident," Occupational Therapy Journal of Research: Occupation, Participation, and Health, Vol.22, pp.153-160, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1177/153944920202200404
- H. I. Ma, C. A. Trombly, and C. Robinson-Podolski, "The effect of context on skill acquisition and transfer," Am J Occup Ther, Vol.53, pp.138-44, Mar-Apr 1999. https://doi.org/10.5014/ajot.53.2.138
- C. Wu, C. A. Trombly, K. Lin, and L. Tickle-Degnen, "A kinematic study of contextual effects on reaching performance in persons with and without stroke: influences of object availability," Arch Phys Med Rehabil, Vol.81, pp.95-101, 2000(1). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0003-9993(00)90228-4
- E. Blair, J. Balluntyne, S. Housman, and P. Chauvel, "A study of a dynamic proximal stability splint in the management of children with cerebral palsy," Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology,Vol.37, pp.544-554, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1469-8749.1995.tb12041.x
- U. Myhr, L. Wendt, S. Norrlin, and U. Radell, "Five-year follow-up of functional sitting position in children with cerebral palsy," Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology, Vol.37, pp.587-596, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1469-8749.1995.tb12047.x
- A. Colbert, K. Doyle, and W. Webb, "DESEMO seats for young children with cerebral palsy," Archives of physical medicine and rehabilitation, Vol.67, pp484, 1986.
- E. Brogren, M. Hadders-Algra, and H. Forssherg, ''Postural control in children with spastic diplegia: muscle activity during perturbations in sitting," Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology, Vol.38, pp.379-388, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1469-8749.1996.tb15095.x
- B. Fisher, "Effect of trunk control and alignment on limb function," J Head Trauma Rehabil, Vol.2, pp.72, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1097/00001199-198706000-00011
- A. E. Kazdin, Single-case research designs : methods for clinical and applied settings. New York: Oxford University Press, 1982.
- M. Rice, A. J. Alaimo, and J. A. Cook, "Movement dynamics and occupational embeddedness in a grasping and placing task," Occupational Therapy International, Vol.6, pp.298-307, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1002/oti.103
- S. Richards, Single subject research : applications in educational and clinical settings. San Diego: Singular Pub. Group, 1999.
- K. Ottenbacher, Evaluating clinical change: Strategies for occupational and physical therapists: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, 1986