- Volume 9 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Growth Rate study of CPAE Cells and Osteobalst by Local Hyperthermia Duplex Stainless Steel Thermo-rod
국소온열치료용 듀플렉스 스테인리스 스틸 발열체에 의한 혈관세포와 골세포의 온도에 따른 성장률 변화 관찰
- Published : 2009.11.28
We investigated the cell growth rate according to the change of temperature of the Thermo-rod used for the local hyperthermia therapy. For this study, we fabricated the Thermo-rods (TR) using Duplex Stainless Steels having magnetic properties as well as non magnetic properties. To evaluate cell growth rates up to 15 days, we conducted cell proliferation test using cell counting methods. For the tests, the CAPEs and Osteoblats were seeded on the 6-we11 plates with the induction heated thermo-rods 30 mins a day for 15 days with 2 days interval and without induction heated thermo-rods as control group respectively. We calculated cell growth rates, 6 hours after heating. From the results, in case of CAPEs and Osteobalsts seeded groups, the cell growth rates in all groups increased drastically for 6 days after seeding, but decreased irregularly after 6 days. In conclusion, the cell growth rates showed no significant difference among all groups and it indicated that there were no effects of temperate (
Local Hyperthermia;Duplex Stainless Steel;Cell Growth Rate
- 통계청, "2006년 사망 및 사망원인통계결과 발표", 2006.
- 황은미, "온열치료와 파크릭탁셀 얄물방출에 의한 CRL1888 마우스 종양 세포주의 증식 특성에 관한 연구", 인제대학교 대학원 석사학위논문, p.1, 2009.
- 안계훈, "암치료 알고 시작합시다", 열음사, 2002.
- J. Overgaard, S. M. Bentzen, J. Overgaard and et al. "Randomised trial of hyperthermia as adjuvant to radiotherapy for recurrent or metastatic malignant melanoma," Lancet, Vol.345, No.8949, pp.540-543, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(95)90463-8
- M. Urano, "For the clinical application of thermochemotherapy given at mild temperatures," International J. of Hyperthermia, Vol.15, No.2, pp.79-107, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1080/026567399285765
- R. D. Issels, "Hyperthermia adds to chemotherapy," European J. Cancer, Vol.10, pp.1016-1024, 2008.
- N. B. Hornback, "Historical aspects of hyperthermia in cancer therapy," Radiologic Clinics of North America, Vol.27, No.3, pp.481-488, 1989.
- M. Urano and E. Douple, "Hyperthermia and oncology," VSP, Vol.3, pp.155-180, 1991.
- I. A Brezovich, M. B. Lilly, and Meredith, "RF. Hyperthermia of pet animal tumours with self-regulating ferromagnetic thermoseeds," Int J Hyperthermia, Vol.6, pp.117-130, 1990. https://doi.org/10.3109/02656739009140809
- J. A. Paulus, J. S. Richardson, R. D. Tucker, and et al. "Evaluation of inductively heated ferromagnetic alloy implants for therapeutic interstitial hyeprthermia," IEEE Trans Biomed Eng, Vol.43, pp.406-413, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/10.486260
- D. T. Tompkins, R. Vanderby, and S. A. Klein. "Temperature-dependent versus constant-rate blood perfusion modelling in ferromagnetic thermoseed hyperthermia : results with a model of the human prostate," Int J Hyperthermia, Vol.10 pp.517-536, 1994. https://doi.org/10.3109/02656739409009355
- R. Cavaliere, E. C. Ciocatto, B. C. Giovanella, and et al, "Selective heat sensitivity of cancer cells Biochemical and clinical studies," Cancer, Vol.20, No.9, pp.1351-1381, 1967. https://doi.org/10.1002/1097-0142(196709)20:9<1351::AID-CNCR2820200902>3.0.CO;2-#
- M. Urano and E. Douple, "Hyperthermia and Oncology," VSP, Vol.1, pp.83-98, 1983.
- D. Knox, R E. J. Mitchel, and D. L. Brown, "Effects. of hyperthermia on microtubule organization and cytolytic activity of murine cytotoxic T lymphocytes," Experimental Cell Research, Vol.194, No.2, pp.275-283, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1016/0014-4827(91)90365-2
- P. Remani, V. V. Ostapenko, K. Akagi, V. N. Bhattathiri, M. K. Nair and Y. Tanaka, "Relation of transmembrane potential to cell survival following hyperthermia in HeLa cells," Cancer Letters, Vol.144, pp.117-123, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0304-3835(99)00185-8
- H. Fukao, M. Ikeda, T. Ichikawa, H Inufusa, K. Okada, S. Ueshima and O. Matsuo, "Effect of hyperthermia on the viability and the fibrinolytic potential of human cancer cell lines," Clinica Chimica Acta, Vol.296, pp.17-33, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0009-8981(00)00198-4
- M. J. Santos-Marques, F. Carvalho, C. Sousa, F. Remiao, R. Vitorino, F. Amado, R. Ferrerira, J. A. Duarte and M. L. Bastos, "Cytotoxicity and cell signalling induced by continuous mild hyperthermia in freshly isolated mouse hepatocytes," Toxicology, Vol.224, pp.210-218, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tox.2006.04.028
- G. P. Raaphorst, D. P. Yang, and C. E. Ng, "Comparison of survival and DNA double strand breaks for mild hyperthermia and low dose rate/pulsed low dose rate irradiation in human cells," Thermal Biology, Vol.25, pp.305-311, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0306-4565(99)00103-5