- Volume 9 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
An Efficient Correction Process of CT-Simulator Couch with Current Diagnostic CT Scanners
진단용 CT-모의치료기 테이블의 효율적인 교정 방법
- Published : 2009.11.28
This study suggested that the table of CT-simulator and the laser alignment system using diagnostic CT scanner have an efficient method for improvement in alignment between the planned target center of traverse image with CT scanner. It was conducted on the daily QA when presented in the AAPM TG66 with correcting the laser alignment system using geometric trigonometric functions and investigated the effectiveness of correction methods as compared with those before and after correction. Before correction error was 3.82mm between the planned target center of image, the table longitudinal axis was twisted with 0.436o. The laser alignment system using geometric trigonometric functions in after correction was satisfied with tolerance limits of
Computed Tomography(CT);CT-Simulator;AAPM TG66;Quality Assurance;Laser Alignment System
- E. G. Aird and J. Conway, "CT simulation for radiotherapy treatment planning," Br J Radio, Vol.75, pp.937-949, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1259/bjr.75.900.750937
- J. Conway and M. H. Robinson, "CT virtual simulation," Br J Radio, Vol.70, Spec No:S106-S118, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1259/bjr.1997.0014
- G. W. Sherouse, J. D. Bourland, and K. Reynolds, "Virtual simulation in the clinical setting: some practical considerations," Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, Vol,19, No.4, pp.1059-1065, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1016/0360-3016(90)90034-H
- T. Nishidai, Y. Nagata, and M. Takahashi, et al, "CT simulator: a new 3-D planning and simulating system for radiotherapy: Part 1. Description of system," Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, Vol.18, No.3, pp.499-504, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1016/0360-3016(90)90052-L
- Y. Nagata, T. Nishidai, and M. Abe, et al, "CT simulator: a new 3-D planning and simulating system for radiotherapy: Part 2. Clinical application," Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, Vol.18, No.3, pp.505-513, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1016/0360-3016(90)90053-M
- J. L. Garcia-Ramirez, S. Mutic, and J. F. Dempsey, et al, "Performance evaluation of an 85 cm bore computed tomography scanner designed for radiation oncology and compared with current diagnostic CT scanners," Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, Vol.52, No.4, pp.1123-1131, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0360-3016(01)02779-1
- S. Mutic, J. R. Palta, and E. K. Butker, et al, "AAPM Radiation Therapy Committee Task Group No.66, Quality assurance for computed-tomography simulators and the computed tomography-simulation process: Report of the AAPM Radiation Therapy Committee Task Group No. 66," Med Phys, Vol.30, No.10, pp.2762-2792, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1118/1.1609271
- G. J. Kutcher, L. Coia, and M. Gillin, et al, "Comprehensive QA for radation oncology: report of AAPM Radiation Therapy Committee Task Group 40," Vol.21, No.4, pp.581-618, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1118/1.597316
- J Wang, Z. Wu, and C. Zhang, et al, "Enhanced digitally reconstructed radio- graphs generated by ray tracing," Sheng Wu Yi Xue Gong Cheng Xue Za Zhi, Vol.22, No.1, pp.125-128, 2005.
- K.P. McGee, J. J Das, and C. Sims, "Evaluation of digitally reconstructed radiographs(DRRs) used for clinical radiotherapy: a phantom study," Med Phys, Vol.22, No.11, pp.1815-1827, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1118/1.597637
- B. G. Fallone, C. Evans, and B. G. Clark, et al, "Verification of the correspondence between CT-simulated and treatment beams," Med Phys, Vol.25, No.12, pp.750-751, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1118/1.598256
- T. B. Craig, J. Brochu, and J. VanDyk, "A quality assurance phantom for three-dimensional radiation treatment planning," Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, Vol.44, No.2, pp.955-966, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0360-3016(99)00070-X
- R. R. Liu, K. L. Prado, and M. T. Gillin, "Simplified "on-couch" daily quality assurance procedure for CT simulators," J Appl Clin Med Phys, Vol.10, No.3, pp.2844, 2009.
- D. Driver and H. J. Dobbs, "Improvements in radiotherapy practice: the impact of new imaging technologies," Cancer Imaging, Vol.21, No.4, pp.142-150, 2004.
- G. R. Baker, "Localization; conventional and CT simulation," Br J Radio, Vol.79, Spec No:S36-49, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1259/bjr/17748030