- Volume 9 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Additional Mobilization with Conservative Physical Therapy in Patients with Frozen Shoulder on ROM and Subjective Pain Scale
동결 견 환자에 대한 보존적 물리치료와 관절 가동술의 병행이 주관적 통증지수와 관절가동범위에 미치는 효과
- Published : 2009.11.28
Frozen shoulder is clinically characterized by pain and reduced ROM. The therapeutic goal of frozen shoulder can be reducing pain and increasing ROM in shoulder joint, resulting in improvement of joint movement. Therefore, this study was conducted to know the effect of mobilization in parallel with conservative physical therapy(H/P, TENS, U/S) in patients with frozen shoulder on subjective pain scale and ROM. 26 patients diagnosed with frozen shoulder were included for study. Among them, 13 patients(experiment group) were managed by mobilization as well as conservative physical therapy, another 13 patients(control group) were only treated by conservative physical therapy alone. All the patients were treated three times a week for 4 weeks, and after each treatment subjective pain scale and ROM were measured. In experimental group, pain has decreased and ROM has increased in abduction, external rotation and internal rotation. In control group, pain has also decreased but ROM has not changed in abduction, external rotation and internal rotation. There were no significant difference in subjective pain scale between two groups but some difference in ROM (external rotation, internal rotation). According to the results, we concluded that both conservative physical therapy and joint mobilization technique are more effective for increasing ROM especially external rotation, internal rotation than conservative physical therapy alone.
Frozen Shoulder;Range of Motion(ROM);Mobilization
- 구성완, 채정룡, 김형준, "오십견 환자의 PNF 적용 후 견관절 가동범위와 주관적 통증변화에 관한 연구", 한국체육학회지, 제43권, 제3호, pp.623-631, 2004.
- G. R. Huffman, J. E. Tibone, M. H. McGarry, B. M, Phipps, Y. S. Lee, and T. Q. Lee, "Path of glenohumeral articulation the rotation range of motion in a thrower's shoulder model," AM J Sports Med, Vol.34, No.10, pp.1662-1669, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1177/0363546506287740
- C. A. Radkowski, R. S. Richards, R. Pietrobon, and C. T. Moorman, "An anatomic study of the cepharic vein in the deltopectoral shoulder approach," Clin Orthop Relat Res, Vol.442, pp.139-142, 2000.
- M. Loew, T. O. Heichel, and B. Lehner, "Intraarticular lesions in primary frozen shoulder after manipulation under general anesthesia," J Shoulder Elbow Surg, Vol.14, No.1, pp,16-21, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jse.2004.04.004
- R. Gupta and T. Q. Lee, "Positional-dependent change in glenohumeral joint contact pressure and force : psssible biomechanical etiology of posterior glenoid wear," J Shoulder Elbow Surg, Vol.14, No. (Suppl), pp,105-110, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jse.2004.10.005
- R. S. Costic, R. Jari, M. W. Rodosky, and R. E, Debski, "Joint compression alter the kinematic and loading patterns of the intact and capsule-transected AC joint," J Orthop. Res, Vol.21, No.3, pp.379-385, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0736-0266(02)00197-3
- R. Hertel "The frozen Shoulder," Orthopade, Vol.29, No.10, pp.845-851, 2000.
- C. A, Rockwood and F. A. Matsen III, The Shoulder, W.B, Saunders, 1990.
- 서종학, 김철용, 배성수, "상완와관절의 수동하방 활주운동이 오십견 환자의 외전운동과 관절 내 움직임에 미치는 영향", 대한물리치료학회지, 제15권, 제3호, pp.603-623, 2003
- R, Cailliet, Shoulder pain(3rd ed), F. A. Davis, 1991.
- G. D, Maitland, Vertebral Manipulation, Butterworth Heineman, 1977.
- F. M, Kalternborn, Manual mobilization of the extremity joints, olaf Norlis Bokhandel, 1989.
- D. T. II. Harryman, J. A, Slides, and J .M, Clark, "Translation of the humeral head on the glenoid with passive glenohumeral motion," J Bone and Joint Surgery, Vol.72, No.9, pp,1334-1343, 1990. https://doi.org/10.2106/00004623-199072090-00009
- F. Gohlke, B. Essigkrug, and F. Schmitz, The pattern of the collagen fiber hundles of the capsule of the glenohumeral joint", J Shoulder Elbow Surg, Vol.3, pp,111-128, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1058-2746(09)80090-6
- J. J, Warner, X. H, Deng, and R .F, Warren, "Static capsular ligamentous constraints to superior inferior translation of the glenohumeral joint", Am J Sport Med, Vol.20, pp,675-685, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1177/036354659202000608
- H. M, Verrneulen, W. R, and Obermann, B. J, Burger "End range mobilization techniques in adhesive capsulitis of the joint : A multiplesubject case report", Physical Therapy, Vol.80, NO.12, pp,1204-1213, 2000.
- J. R, Andrews, and K. E, Wilk, The Athletes shoulder : Current concepts in the rehabilitation of atheletic shoulder injures, Churchill Livingstone, 1994.
- 강태도, 황태현, 정광익, "견관절 유착성 관절낭염의 초음파 소견" 대한재활의학회지, 제22권, 제4호, pp.944-949, 1998.
- A. I, Binder, D. Y, Bulgen, and B. L, Hazleman "Frozen shoulder : an arthrographic and radionuclear scan assessment", Ann Rheum Dis, Vol.43, pp,288-292, 1984. https://doi.org/10.1136/ard.43.2.288
- B. R, Mulligan, Manual Therapy "NAGS" "MWMS" etc(3rd ed), Hutcheson Bowman & Stewart, 1995.
- F. M, Kalternborn, Manual mobilization of the joint(10 th ed) , 백일엽(역), Kalternborn 정형물리치료(사지편), 영문출판사, 2001.
- 윤정규, 박호준, 정보인 "동결견 환자의 관절가동범위 회복과 통증감소에 있어서 Mulligan 치료와 전기치료의 효과 비교" 한국전문물리치료학회지, 제7권, 제2호, pp.66-75, 2000.
- 임원식, 동결견 환자를 위한 PNF의 견갑골 패턴과 유지-이완기법 적용이 관절가동범위와 통증에 미치는 영향, 대구대학교 재활과학대학원 석사학위눈문, 2001.
- 정인주, 정동혁, "근에너지 기법과 치료적 마사지의 복합 프로그램 적용이 동결견 환자의 통증과 관절가동범위에 미치는 효과", 한국스포츠리서치, 제17권, 제5호, pp.161-174, 2003.
- 오학수, 오동우, "관절가동기법과 치료적 마사지의 복합 프로그램 적용이 동결견 환자의 통증과 관절가동범위에 미치는 효과", 한국스포츠리서치, 제17권, 제1호, pp.43-54, 2006.
- 장정훈 등40명, 물리치료백과사전1,2,3권, 나눔의 집, 2001.
- J. T, Cottingham, and J, Maitland, "A three-paradigm model using soft tissue mobilization and guided movement-awareness techniques for a patient with chronic low back pain : a case study," J Orthop Sports Phys Ther, Vol.26, No.3, pp.155-167, 1997. https://doi.org/10.2519/jospt.19126.96.36.199
- 김선엽, "관절가동운동이 관절감수기에 미치는 영향", 대한정형물리치료학회지, 제2권, 제1호, pp.9-19, 1996.
- M. J. Wooden, and R. Donateilli, Orthopaedic physical therapy, New York, Church Livingstone, 1989.
- B. D, Wyke "Articular neurology-a review," Physiotherapy, Vol.58, pp.94-99, 1972.
- S. V. Paries, "Mobilization of the spine," Phys Ther, Vol.59, No.8, pp.988-995, 1979.
- P. E. Greenman, Principles of Manual Medicine, 2nd ed, Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins.
- C. Neon, Muscle Energy Techniques, 2nd ed, Elsevier Inc.
- F. O, Lehmann, and N. Heymann "Dynamic of in vivo power output and efficiency of Nasonic asynchronous flight muscle," J Biotechnol, Vol.25, No.124(1), pp.93-107, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbiotec.2005.12.008