- Volume 9 Issue 11
In this study, I presented power control unit with potential use in the magnetic stimulation of biological systems. The effect of the magnetic stimulation depends on the geometry and orientation of the induced electric field as well as on the current pulse waveform delivered by the stimulator coil. TMS is achieved from the outside of the head using pulses of electromagnetic field that induce an electric field in the brain. There are numerous possibities in the applications TMS, such as diagnosis and therapy through the brain stimulation. These factors are very important to define the equipment requirements and characteristics in that the topology of the power supply and the size and geometry of the coil. The proposed solution is the generation of current pulses with variable amplitude and duration, according to a user defined input. Another solution is the topology that uses elements to store and transfer energy from the power source to the load. In addition to proposed topology, an adequate control strategy and right set of the power circuit parameters made possible to obtain unipolar waves and bipolar waves.
Science Technology;(Transcranial, Magnetic, Stimulator, Treatment, Stimulator' Pulse)
- M. S. George, "Mechanisms and the current state of transcranial magnetic stimulation," CNS Spectrums; Number 8 : pp.496-514, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1017/S1092852900018976
- J. Cadwell, "Optimizing Magnetic Stimulator Design," Magnetic Motor Stimulation, Elsevier, Number 4, march 5, 2003.
- D. Claus, "Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation:in fluence on Language Comprehension," Electroenchep.clin.Neurophys Number 2, August, 2002
- E. H. Bae, "Safety and tolerability of repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation in patients with epilepsy": a review of the literature. Epilepsy & Behavior 10: pp.521-528, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.yebeh.2007.03.004
- S. K. Moore, "Psychiatry's Shocking New Tools," IEEE Spectrum. Volume 43, No.3, pp.18-25, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/MSPEC.2006.1604837
- S. Ueno and M. Sekino, "Biomagnetics and bioimaging for medical applications," Journal of Magneism and Magnetic Materials 304: pp.122-127, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmmm.2006.01.252
- R. J. Leo and T. Latif, "Repetitive Trancranial Magnetic Stimulation (rTMS) in Experimentally Induced and Chronic Neuropathic Pain," A Review. The Journal of Pain 8: pp.453-459, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpain.2007.01.009
- 김휘영, "출력조절이 가능한 자기치료기용 코일 프로브", 특허등록번호 10-0846093, 특허청, 2008.
- 김휘영, "냉각기능이 구비된 자기치료기용 코일 프로브", 특허등록번호 10-0816255, 특허청, 2008.