- Volume 9 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
The study on the Consumer's Motivation of Charity Impulse in Non-profit Organization-Based on Self-Determination Theory
비영리단체의 자선충동 동기에 관한 연구 -자기결정성 이론을 중심으로-
- Published : 2009.11.28
It is a tentative study on the influence of the consumers' motivation of charity impulse on their loyalty who donate to non-profit organizations. Based on the self-determination theory, this thesis paper analyzed the motivation of charity impulse on non-profit organizations which is the main factor influencing the donation loyalty with consumer-nonprofit identification as parametric variables. According to this study, it seems that the charity impulse caused by the concepts of autonomy of the self-determination theory has negative influence on consumer-nonprofit identification, donation loyalty. But relation-competence has positive influence to nonprofit organizations. Considering without any studies on donators' motivation of charity impulse from the aspect of psychology to non-profit organizations, as the very initial exploratory study, this study is conducted to analyze the possible factors to influence customers' motivation of chanty impulse on the basis of the self-determination theory so that it has a vital significance, which can furnish fundamental data to charitable organizations to carry out effective marketing strategies to guarantee the source of the money collection.
Non-profit Organization;Charity impulse;Self-determination Theory;Identification
- 강철희, "자선적 기부행동 및 자원봉사 참여행동에 대한 탐색적 분석", 한국비영리연구, 제2권, 제2호, pp.161-205, 2003.
- 강철희, "기부 및 자원봉사와 신뢰의 관계에 관한 연구: Simultaneous Equation Model을 이용한 분석", 한국사회복지학, 제59권 제3호, 2007.
- 김기옥, "현대 소비자의 소비생활복지: 자기결정성이론의 적용", 소비자학연구, 제18권, 제4호, 2007(12).
- 김용준, 김주원, "대학기부자의 기부의도, 기부만족, 기부정기성의 결정요인에 관한 실증연구", 마케팅연구, 제20권 제4호, pp.57-89, 2005.
- 김유나, "기부행동 및 기부노력에 영향을 미치는 요인에 관한 연구: 온라인 기부를 중심으로", 이화여자대학교 석사학위 논문, 2002.
- 김정구, 박승배, 김규한, "마케팅활동, 사회적 상호작용, 플로우가 온라인 게임의 애호도와 구전에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구: 온라인 게임의 브랜드 매력성과 브랜드 일체감의 매개적 영향", 마케팅 연구, 18권, 제3호, pp.93-120, 2003.
- 김주환, 김은주, 홍세희, "한국 남녀 중학생 집단에서 자기결정성이 학업성취도에 주는 영향," 교육심리연구, 제20권, 제1호, pp.243-264, 2006.
- 문연희, "기업의 사회적 책임 활동과 동일시의 관계: 지각된 사회적 투자의 매개 역할", 전남대학교 대학원, 석사학위논문, 2007.
- 박승교, "골프연습장의 고객 관계품질과 소비자-기업 동일시 효과에 관한 연구", 전북대학교 석사학위 논문, 2005.
- 이건희, "소비자-기업 동일시가 소비자의 제품평가에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구", 인하대학교 석사학위 논문, 2004.
- 이인혜, "기능적 충동성과 역기능적 충동성의 성격적 및 인지적 특징", 한국심리학회지:일반, 제21권, 제1호, pp.67-89, 2002.
- 이호배, 이태호, "충동구매의 영향요인에 관한 실증적 연구", 상품학 연구, 제10호, pp.23-41, 1992.
- 장경로, 임기태, 김세웅, "대학 스포츠팀에 대한 일체감이 대학 후원의도에 미치는 영향", 한국마케팅저널, 제6권 제1호, 2004.
- 황창순, 강철희, "개인기부에 영향을 미치는 요인에 관한 연구: 자선적 기부노력을 중심으로", 한국비영리연구, 제1권 제2호, pp.33-73, 2002.
- Amett. Dennis B., Steve D. German and Shelby D. Hunt, "The Identity Salience Model of Relationship Marketing Success: The Case of Nonprofit Marketing," Journal of Marketing, Vol.67, pp.89-105, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkg.220.127.116.1114
- J. Andreoni, "Impure Altruism and Donations to Public Goods: A Theory of Warm Glow Giving?," Economic Journal, 100, pp.464-477, 1990. https://doi.org/10.2307/2234133
- J. S. D. Antony and H. L. Shenson, "Impulse Buying Revisited: A Behavioral Typology," Journal of Retailing, Vol.49(Spring), pp.68, 1973.
- Ashforth, Blaker E. and Fred, Mael, "Social identity Theory and the orfanizaion," Academy of Management Review, Vol.14, No.1, pp. 20-39, 1989. https://doi.org/10.2307/258189
- Balabanis, G., R. Stables and H. Phillips, "Market-orientation in the Top 200 Charity Organizations and its Impact on their Performance," European Journal of Marketing, Vol.31, No.8, pp.583-603, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1108/03090569710176592
- Belk, Russel W, "Possessions and the Extended Self," Journal of Consumer Research, Vol. 15(September), pp.139-168, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1086/209154
- Bhattacharya, C. B., Hayagreeva Rao, and Mary A. Glynn, "Understanding the Bond of Identification: An investigation of its correlates among art museum members," Journal of marketing, Vol.59, No.4, pp.46-57, 1995. https://doi.org/10.2307/1252327
- L. Brennan and E. Brady, "Relating to Marketing? Why Relationship Marketing Works for Not-For-Profits Organizations," International Journal of Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Marketing, Vol.4, No.4, pp.1-11, 1999.
- K. Burnett, "Relationship Fundraising," London: Whit Lion Press, 1992.
- R. deCharms, "Personal Causation," Academic Press, 1968.
- E. L. Deci and R. M. Ryan, "The what and why of goal pursuits: Human needs and self-determination of behavior," Psychological Inquiry, Vol. 11, pp.319-338, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1207/S15327965PLI1104_03
- E. L. Deci and R. M. Ryan, "Intrinsic Motivation and Self-Determination in Human Behavior," N. Y.: Plenum, 1985.
- K. Dindia and D. J. Canary, "Definitions and theoretical perspectives on maintaining relationships," Journal of Social and Personal Relationships, Vol.10, pp.163-173, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1177/026540759301000201
- A. J. Elliot and T. M Thrash, "Approach Avoidance Motivation in Personality: Approach Avoidance Temperaments and Goals," Journal of Personality land Social Psychology, 82, pp.804-818. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-3518.104.22.1684
- S. B. G. Eysenck and H. J. Eysenck, "The place of impulsiveness in a dimensional system of personality description," British Journal of Social and Clinical Psychology, Vol.16, pp.57-68, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1521/jscp.1922.214.171.124
- A. Glazer and K. A Konrad, "A Signaling Explanation for Charity," American Economic Review, pp.1019-1028, 1996.
- Hall, T. Douglas, Benjamin Schneider, and Harold T. Nygren, "Personal Factors in Organizational Identification," Administrative Science Quarterly, Vol.15, No.2, pp.176-19, 1972. https://doi.org/10.2307/2391488
- W. T. Harbaugh, "What Do Donations Buy?: A Model of Philanthropy Based on Prestige and Warm Glow," Journal of Public Economics, Vol.67, pp.269-284, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0047-2727(97)00062-5
- A. Hausman, "A Multi-Method Investigation of Consumer Motivations in Impulse Buying Behavior," Journal of Consumer Marketing, Vol.17, No.5, pp.403-19. 2001 https://doi.org/10.1108/07363760010341045
- R. Koestner and D. C. McClelland, "Perspectives on Competence Motivation," In L. A. Pervin (Ed), Handbook of personality, theory and research (pp.527-548). New York: Guilford, 1990.
- La Guardia, Jennifer G., Richard M. Ryan, Charles E. Couchman and Edward L. Deci, "Within-Person Variation in Security of Attachment: A Self-Determination Theory Perspective on Attachment, Need-Fulfillment and Well-Being," Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol.79, pp.367-84, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35126.96.36.1997
- Lau, Richard, "Individual and Contextual Influences on Group Identification," Social Psychology Quarterly, Vol.52, No.3, pp.220-231, 1989. https://doi.org/10.2307/2786717
- C. Levesque, A. N. Zuehlke, L. R Stanek, and R. M. Ryan, "Autonomy and competence in German and American university students: A comparative study based on self-determination theory," Journal of Educational Psychology, Vol.96, pp.68-84, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-06188.8.131.52
- D. R. Lichtenstein, M E. Drumwright, and B. M. Braig, "The Effect of Corporate Social Responsibility on Customer Donations to Corporate-Supported Nonprofits," Journal of Marketing, Vol.68, No.4, pp.16-32, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkg.184.108.40.206726
- Lwin, May O., Jerome D. Willims, and Luh Lan, "Marketing Initiatives: National Kidney Foundation's Organ Donation Programs is Singapore," Journal of Policy and Marketing, Vol.21, No.1, Spring, pp.66-77, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1509/jppm.220.127.116.1113
- Mael, Fred Blake, and E. Ashforth. "Alumni and The Reformulated Model of Organizational Identification," Journal of Organizational Behavior, Vol.13, pp.103-123, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1002/job.4030130202
- O'Reilly III, Charles, and Jennifer Chatman, "Organizational Commitment and Psychological Attachment: The Effects of Compliance, Identification, and Internalization of Pro-Social Behavior," Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol.71, pp.492-499, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.71.3.492
- R. M. Ryan and E. L. Deci, "Self-Determination Theory and the Faction of Intrinsic Motivation, Social Development, and Well-Being," American Psychologist, Vol.55, No.1, pp.68-78, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.55.1.68
- R. M. Ryan and W. S. Grolnick, "Origins and Pawns in the Classroom: Self-Report and Projective Assessments of Individual Differences in Children's Perceptions," Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol.50, pp.550-558. 1986. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-3518.104.22.1680
- R. M. Ryan and J. P. Connell, "Perceived Locus of Causality and Internationalization: Examining Reasons for Action in Two Domains," Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol.57, pp.749-761, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-3522.214.171.1249
- A. Sargeant, "Charitable Giving: Towards a Model of Donor Behavior," Journal of Marketing Management, Vol.15, pp.215-238, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1362/026725799784870351
- J. Saxton, "A Strong Charity Brand Comes from Strong Beliefs and Values," Journal of Brand Management, Vol.2, No.4, pp.211-220, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1057/bm.1995.2
- P. G. Schervish, "The Dependent Variable of the Independent Sector: a Research Agenda for Improving the Definition and Measurement of Giving and Volunteering," Vol.4, No.2, pp.223-232, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01398434
- Shamir and Boas, "Valuations, Values, and Identities: The Sources of Collectivistic Work Motivation," Human Relations, Vol.43, No.4, pp.313-332, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1177/001872679004300402
- Smith, V., M. R. Kohoe, and M. E. Gremer, "The Private Provision of Public Goods: Altruism and Voluntary Giving," Journal of Public Economics, Vol.58, pp.107-126, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/0047-2727(94)01455-W
- Weinberg Peter and Wolfgang Gottwald, "Impulsive Consumer Buying as a Result of Emotion," Journal of Business Research, Vol.10, pp.43-57, 1982. https://doi.org/10.1016/0148-2963(82)90016-9