- Volume 18 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Quality Characteristics of Kongnamulguk with Commercial Soy Sprouts
시판 콩나물로 제조한 콩나물 국의 품질 특성
- Shon, Hee-Kyung (Dept. of Food Science and Nutrition, Soonchunhyang University) ;
- Kim, Yong-Ho (Dept. of Medicinal Biotechnology, Soonchunhyang University) ;
- Lee, Kyong-Ae (Dept. of Food Science and Nutrition, Soonchunhyang University)
- Published : 2009.10.31
The physicochemical and sensory characteristics of Kongnamulguk with commercial film-packed soy sprouts from domestic cultivars were investigated. The color determination showed that the solid part of Kongnamulguk had a light green color and did not change even when cooking for 9 minutes. The solid part of Kongnamulguk was much higher in insoluble dietary fiber than soluble dietary fiber. Soluble and insoluble dietary fiber of the soy sprout tended to increase upon cooking. The acceptability of the solid part of Kongnamulguk was negatively correlated with a bean odor and flavor, and a grassy odor and flavor, but positively correlated with a nutty odor and flavor. In addition, the acceptability of the liquid of Kongnamulguk was negatively correlated with a bean odor, a grassy and bitter flavor, while it was positively correlated with a sweet flavor. These results suggest that soy sprout with a less bean odor and flavor would be highly acceptable, so it would probably be suitable for Kongnamulguk.
- 조재영. (1989). 콩의 기원과 전파. 서울: 향문사.
- Collins, J. L., & Sand, G. G. (1976). Changes in trypsin inhibitory activity of Korean soybean varieties during maturation and germination. Journal of Food Science, 41(1), 168-172. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1976.tb01127.x
- Jeon, S. H., Lee, C. W., Kim, H. Y., Kim, H. K., & Kang, J. H. (2008). Growth of soybean sprouts affected by period and method of seed storage. Korean Journal of Crop Science, 53(1), 21-27.
- Kim, K. H. (1992). The growth characteristics and proximate composition of soybean sprouts. Korean Soybean Digest, 9(2), 27-30.
- Kye, S. K. (1995). Effect of cooking on water insoluble dietary fiber in vegetables. Korean Journal of Food and Nutrition, 8(2), 116-127.
- Lee, Y. S., Kim, S. B., & Kim, Y. H. (2001). Characterization of postharvest chlorophyll formation of soybean sprouts. Korean Journal of Horticultural Science and Technology, Suppl(1), 75.
- Perez-Hidalgo, M. A., Guerra-Hernandez, E., & Garcia-Villanova, B. (1997). Dietary fiber in three raw legumes and processing effect on chick peas by an enzymatic-gravimetric method. Journal of Food Composition Analysis, 10, 66-72. https://doi.org/10.1006/jfca.1997.0522
- Seo, W. K., & Kim, Y. A. (1995). Effects of heat treatment on the dietary fiber contents of rice, brown rice, yellow soybean and black soybean. Korean Journal Society of Food Science, 11(1), 20-25.
- Song, J., Kim, S. P., Hwang, J. J., Son, Y. K., Song, J. C., & Hur, H. S. (2000). Physicochemical properties of soybean sprouts according to culture period. Korean Soybean Digest, 17(1), 84-89.
- Anderson, J. W., Johnstone, B. M., & Cook-Newell, M. E. (1995). Meta-analysis of the effect of soy protein intake on serum lipid. New England Journal of Medicine, 333(5), 276-282. https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJM199508033330502
- Prosky, L., Aso, N. G., Furda, I., Devereis, J. W., Sciweozer, T. F., & Harland, B. A. (1987). Determination of total dietary fiber in foods and food products. Journal Association of Analytical Chemistry, 68, 677-684.
- Kim, E. J., Lee, K. I., & Park, K. Y. (2002). Effects of germanium treatment during cultivation of soybean sprouts. Journal of Korean Society of Food Science and Nutrition, 31(4), 615-620. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2002.31.4.615
- Kim, S. D., Kim, S. H., & Hong, E. H. (1993). Composition of soybean sprouts and its nutritional value. Korean Soybean Digest, 6(1), 1-9.
- Orhan, I., Ozcelik, B., Kartal, M., Aslan, S., Sene,r B., & Ozguven, M. (2007). Quantification of daizein, genistein and fatty acids in soybeans and soy sprouts and some bioactivity studies, Acta Biologica Craconviensia Sertes Botanica, 49(2), 61-68.
- Trock, B., Butler, L. W., Clarke, R., & Hilakivi-Clarke, L. (2000). Meta-analysis of soy intake and breast cancer risk. Journal of National Cancer Institute, 98(7), 459-471.
- Lee, S. Y., & Park, M J. (1997). Consumption pattern and satisfaction degree for bean sprout by housewives living in Seoul and Kyungki-do area. Korean Journal Society of Food Science, 13(3), 369-378.
- Messina, M. (2001). Noteworthy evidence mounts on soy and human health. Journal of American Dietetic Association, 9(1), 1-3.
- AOAC. (1984). Official Methods of Analysis (14th ed.). Washington: Association of Official Analytical Chemists Inc.
- Shin, D. H., & Choi, U. (1996). Comparison of growth characteristics of soybean sprouts cultivated by three methods. Korean Journal of Food Science and Technology, 28(2), 240-245.
- Bjorck, L., Nyman, M., & Asp, N. G. (1984). Extrusion cooking and dietary fiber: Effects on dietary fiber content and on degradation in the rat intestinal tract. Cereal Chemistry, 61(1), 174-179.
- Brandt, L. M., Jeltema, M. A., Zabit, M. E., & Jltea, B. D. (1984). Effects of cooking in solutions of varying pH on the dietary fiber components of vegetables. Journal of Food Science, 49(4), 900-904, 909. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1984.tb13237.x
- Kim, S. D., Jang, B. H., Kim, H. S., Ha, K. H., Kang, K. S., & Kim, D. H. (1982). Studies on the changes in chlorophyll, free amino acid and vitamin C contents of soybean sprouts during circulation periods. Korean Journal of Nutrition and Food, 11(3), 57-62.
- Gallagher, J. C., Raffert,y K., Hayanazka, V., & Wilson, W. (2000). The effect of soy: Protein on bone metabolism. Journal of Nutrition, 130(suppl), 667S-673S.
- Comparison of Antioxidant Activities in Soybean Sprout according to Preparation and Cooking Process vol.43, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2014.43.3.397