- Volume 20 Issue 6
Measurement and analysis of the service quality of dormitory restaurants through a statistical methods
통계적 방법을 활용한 대학기숙사식당 서비스품질 측정
- Kang, Sung (School of Business Administration, Jeonju University) ;
- Choi, Kyoung-Ho (Department of Basic Medical Science, Jeonju University)
- Published : 2009.11.30
Campus dormitories function as residence halls, which are quarters or entire buildings for residents to conveniently sleep, eat, and study in. And these functions lead us to refer to dormitories as quarters providing residence, food, and an academic atmosphere. Yet, of these functions, the restaurant service acts on dormitory applicants' and their parents' choice of dormitories as strongly as the others do. It is not optional for the residents but compulsory. All residents are required to eat at the restaurants attached to their dormitories. Therefore, when most of the dormitory applicants and their parents look for their favorite dormitories, they won't miss looking into how good the restaurant service is. Considering this tendency, this research, which takes samples of residents as subjects of investigation, aims to survey the service quality of the dormitory restaurants and to find how to enhance the service quality. The result, which is measured and analyzed on the basis of statistical methods, indicates that the responsiveness and empathy to the restaurant service are statistically the significant factors for dormitory applicants and their parents in choosing their favorite dormitories.
- 강중철, 정세창 (2009). 생명보험회사에 대한 만족도, 신뢰도, 충성도에 영향을 미치는 요인분석. <한국데이터정보과학회지>, 20, 713-717.
- 김연성 (2004). <품질경영론>, 박영사, 서울.
- 김정숙, 조명희 (2005). 대학생 생활복지 향상을 위한 기숙사 관리현황분석. <한국생활과학회지>, 14, 331-339.
- 류뮨찬 (2009). 대학 기숙사의 서비스품질 측정 및 중요도-성과분석. <품질경영학회지>, 37, 56-68.
- 박상규, 오정현 (2009). 신제품 수요예측을 위하여 누적자료를 활용한 회귀모형에 관한 연구. <한국데이터정보과학회지>, 20, 117-124.
- 박수정, 김진아, 이심열 (2004). 대학 구내식당 이용실태 및 급식 서비스에 대한 만족도 조사. <동아시아 식생활학회지>, 14, 83-91.
- 박정숙 (2000). 대학 교직원의 대학 식당 급식서비스에 대한 만족도 평가. <한국지역사회생활과학회지>, 11, 9-18.
- 서경화, 신민자 (2006). 일본.중국 유학생의 한식당의 서비스 품질 요인에 관한 중요도 및 만족도. <동아시아 식생활학회지>, 16, 753-762.
- Almanza, B. A., Jaffe, W. and Lin, L. (1994). Use of the service attribute matrix to measure consumer satisfaction. Hospitality Research Journal, 17, 63-75. https://doi.org/10.1177/109634809401700207
- Berry, L. L., Parasuraman, A. and Zeithaml, V. A.(1988). The service quality puzzle. Business Horizon, September-October, 31, 35-43.
- Buzzell, R. D. and Gale, B. T.(1987). The PIMS principles: Linking strategy to performance, Free Press, New York.
- Fisk, R. P., Brown, S. W. and Bitner, M. J. (1993). Tracking the evolution of the service marketing literature. Journal of Retailing, 69, 61-103. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-4359(05)80004-1
- Gale, T. B.(1992). Monitoring customer satisfaction and marketing-perceived quality, AMA, Chicago.
- Gramling, L., Byrd, R., Epps, L., Keith, D., Lick, R. and Tian, R. (2005). Foodservice management and its impact on college operations: A business anthropological case study. Foodservice Research International, 16, 15-43. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1745-4506.2005.00007.x
- Gronroos, C. (1982). Strategic management and marketing in service sector, Chartwell Bratt, London.
- Lee, S. S. (2004). College student’s perception and preference of brand name foodservice university dining operations, Unpublished Master’s Thesis, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma, United States.
- Parasuraman, A., Zeithaml, V. A. and Berry, L. L. (1985). A conceptual model of service quality and its implications for future research. Journal of Marketing, 49, 41-50.
- Parasuraman, A., Zeithaml, V. A. and Berry, L. L. (1988). SERVQUAL: A multi-item scale for measuring customer perceptions of service quality. Journal of Retailing, 64, 2-40.
- Pettijohn, L. S., Pettijohn, C. E. and Luke, R. H. (1997). An evaluation of fast food restaurant satisfaction: Determinants, competitive comparisons, and impact on future patronage. Journal of Restaurant and Foodservice Marketing, 2, 3-20. https://doi.org/10.1300/J061v02n03_02
- Qu, H. (1997). Determinant factors and choice intention for Chinese restaurant dining: A multivariate approach. Journal of Restaurant and Foodservice Marketing, 2, 35-49. https://doi.org/10.1300/J061v02n02_03
- Zeithaml, V. A., Berry, L. L. and Parasuraman, A. (1996). The behavioral consequences of service quality. Journal of Marketing, 60, 31-46.