- Volume 20 Issue 6
This paper considers the optimal periodic preventive maintenance (PM) policy following the expiration of free-repair warranty. We assume that two periodic PM models with random maintenance quality which were proposed by Wu and Clements-Croome (2005) and Jung (2006b), respectively. Given the cost structure to the user during the cycle of the product, we derive the expressions for the expected cost rate per unit time. Also, we obtain the optimal PM number and the optimal PM period by minimizing the expected cost rate per unit time. The numerical examples are presented for illustrative purpose.
- Canfield, R. V. (1986). Cost optimization of periodic preventive maintenance. IEEE Transactions on Reliability, 35, 78-81. https://doi.org/10.1109/TR.1986.4335355
- Han, S. S. and Jung, G. M. (2002). Bayesian maintenance policy for a repairable system with non-renewing warranty. Journal of Korean Data & Information Science Society, 13, 55-65.
- Jung, G. M. (2006a). Optimal preventive maintenance policy for a repairable system. Journal of Korean Data & Information Science Society, 17, 367-377.
- Jung, G. M. and Park, D. H. (2003). Optimal maintenance policies during the post-warranty period. Reliability Engineering and System Safety, 82, 173-185. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0951-8320(03)00144-3
- Jung, K. M. (2006b). Extension of PM model with random maintenance quality. The Korean Communications in Statistics, 13, 651-656. https://doi.org/10.5351/CKSS.2006.13.3.651
- Nakagawa, T. (1988). Sequential imperfect preventive maintenance policies. IEEE Transactions on Reliability, 37, 295-298. https://doi.org/10.1109/24.3758
- Park, D. H. and Jung, G. M. (2002). Preventive maintenance policy with effect dependent cost. Asia-Pacific Journal of Operational Research, 19, 223-232.
- Sahin, I. and Polatoglu, H. (1996). Maintenance strategies following the expiration of warranty. IEEE Transactions on Reliability, 45, 220-228. https://doi.org/10.1109/24.510805
- Wu, S. and Clements-Croome, D. (2005). Preventive maintenance models with random maintenance quality. Reliability Engineering and System Safety, 90, 99-105. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ress.2005.03.012
- Yeh, R. H., Chen, M. Y. and Lin, C. Y. (2007). Optimal periodic replacement policy for repairable products under free-repair warranty. European Journal of Operational Research, 176, 1678-1686. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2005.10.047