- Volume 20 Issue 6
Prediction of a winner in PGA tournament using neural network
신경망을 이용한 우승자 예측모형
- Min, Dae-Kee (Department of Information & Statistics, Duksung Women's University) ;
- Hyun, Moo-Sung (Department of Physical Education, Gangnam University)
- Published : 2009.11.30
In PGA golf, total prize money and average score are good response variable related to golf skills such as driving distance, green in regulation and putts per green in regulation. But it's not easy to predict the winner of coming tournament. Thus I applied Neural Networks which has pretty good advantages for non-linear complex modeling to binary data. In neural network architectures, I applied NRBF and MLP architecture model for binary data which represent who had a win or not.
- 강현철, 한상태, 최종후, 이성건, 김은석, 엄익현, 김미경 (2006). <데이타마이닝 방법론>, 자유아카데미, 서울
- 박우창, 승현우, 용환승, 최기헌 (2000). <데이터 마이닝 개념 및 기법>, 자유아카데미, 서울.
- Berry, S. M. (2001). How ferocious is Tiger?. Chance, 14, 51-56.
- Cho, M. and Park, E. (2008). Analyzing customer management data by data mining: Case study on Churn prediction models for Insurance company in Korea. Journal of Korean Data & Information Science Society, 19, 1007-1018.
- Kim, K. and Lee, C. (2003). A study of data mining optimization model for credit evaluation. Journal of Korean Data & Information Science Society, 14, 825-836.
- Martignon, R. (2005). Neural network modeling using SAS Enterprise Miner, authorhouse, Cary, North Carolina.
- Sarma, K. S. (2007). Predictive modeling with SAS Enterprise Miner, SAS Institute Inc., Cary, North Carolina.