- Volume 20 Issue 6
In this paper, we propose a fuzzy proxy cache scheme for caching web documents in mobile base stations. In this scheme, a mobile cache model is used to facilitate data caching and data replication. Using the proposed cache scheme, the individual proxy in the base station makes cache decisions based solely on its local knowledge of the global cache state so that the entire wireless proxy cache system can be effectively managed without centralized control. To improve the performance of proxy caching, the proposed cache scheme predicts the direction of movement of mobile hosts, and uses various cache methods for neighboring proxy servers according to the fuzzy-logic-based control rules based on the membership degree of the mobile host. The performance of our cache scheme is evaluated analytically in terms of average response delay and average energy cost, and is compared with that of other mobile cache schemes.
- Bae, I. H. and Kim, Y. J. (2007). Design and evaluation of a fuzzy hierarchical location service for mobile ad hoc networks. Journal of the Korean Data & Information Science Society, 18, 757-766.
- Breshu, L., Cue, P., Cao P., Fan, L., Phillips, G. and Shenker, S. (1999). Web caching and Zipf-like distributions: Evidence and implications. IEEE INFOCOM, 126-134.
- Du, Y., Gupta, K. S. and Varasmopolus, G. (2009). Improving on-demand data access efficiency in MANETs with cooperative caching. Ad Hoc Networks, 7, 579-598. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.adhoc.2008.07.007
- Feeney, L. M. and Nilsson, M. (2001). Investing the energy consumption of a wireless network interface in an ad hoc networking environment. IEEE INFOCOM, 1548-1557.
- Jiang, Z., Chang, L. F., Jo B., Kim, J. and Leung, K. K. (2000). Incorporating proxy services into wide area cellular IP networks. Wireless Communication and Networking Conference, 246-252.
- Makridakis, S., Wheelright, S. C. and Hyndman, R. J. (1998). Forecasting methods and applications, John Wiley & Sons, New York.
- Park, S. G. and Oh, J. (2009). Regression models based on cumulative data for forecasting of new product. Journal of the Korean Data & Information Science Society, 20, 117-124.
- Wang, J. Y., Du, Z. and Srimani, P. K. (2007). Cooperative proxy caching for wireless base stations. Mobile Information Systems, 3, 1-18. https://doi.org/10.1155/2007/371572
- Yin, L. and Cao, G. (2005). Supporting cooperative caching in ad hoc networks. IEEE Transactionson Mobile Computing, 5, 77-89.