- Volume 17 Issue 2
The problem of establishing weapon system safety especially during the development process has been one of the very important fields related with public safety in advanced countries such as USA, UK and so on. These countries have launched strong policies on system safety to reduce the chance of accidents. However, the Republic of Korea (ROK) has limited experiences and application of the system safety on domestically produced weapon systems. Therefore, it is imperative that the government starts a comprehensive and systematic policy on system safety to reduce the occurrence of potential accidents during the development of weapon systems. In this paper, we analyze system-level activities needed through the life-cycle of the weapon systems and provide a suggestion for application of the system safety.
- Joseph J. Angello, Jr. "Secretary Rumsfeld's Mishap Reduction Initiative,"
- MIL-STD-882D, Standard Practice for System Safety, USA Department of Defense
- 정나현, 임상수, 주현준, “체계 안전성 국내 적용 사례 및 발전 방향,” 2008 항공우주무기체계 발전세미나
- DOD 5000.2-R, Mandatory Procedures for Major Defense Acquisition Programs (MDAPS) and Major Automated Information System (MAIS) Acquisition Programs, April 5, 2002.
- System Engineering Fundamentals, Defense Acquisition University Press, 2001.