- Volume 33 Issue 4
The demand of JIB crane to handle a container or a bulk in a vessel is increasingly because of the growth of the scale of trade through the sea. This deck crane such as JIB crane is required the weight reduction design because it is installed in the deck of a vessel due to the environment regulation. In this study first we carry out the structural analysis of JIB with respect to the luffing angle of it to calculate the maximum equivalent stress of JIB, and next the optimum design for the weight reduction design of JIB. The thickness in a cross section of JIB is adopted as the design variable, the weight of JIB as the objective function, and the von mises stress as the constraint condition for the optimum design of JIB using the ANSYS 10.0.
JIB Crane;Weight Reduction Design;Luffing Angle;Structural Analysis
- Korean Standards Association, 1994, 'KS A 1627'
- ANSYS Inc. 1992, 'ANSYS User's Manual.'
- Belegundu, A. D., 2000, 'Optimization Concepts and Applications in Engineering,' Prentice Hall, New Jersey, pp. 385-419
- Hong, D. K. and Ahn, C. W., 2002, 'A Study on the Reduction of Over Head Crane's Weight Considering Buckling, Vibration and Strength,' Journal of KINPR, Vol. 26, No. 3, pp.317-322 https://doi.org/10.5394/KINPR.2002.26.3.317
- Han, D. S.., An, T. W.. Lee, S. W., and Han, G. J., 2007, 'Design of Mover for LMTT based on Capstone Design,' Journal of KSMPE, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp.47-52
- Bang, I. K., Han, D. S., Han, G. J. and Lee, K. H., 2008, 'Structural Optimization for a Jaw using Iterative Kriging Metamodels,' JMST, Vol. 22, pp.1651-1659 https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-008-0704-2