- Volume 19 Issue 1
Fermentation Characteristics of Grape Yakju made with Three Kinds of Grape
포도 종류를 달리한 포도 약주의 발효 특성
- Lee, Ji-Yeon (Dept. of Food Science and Technology, Yeungnam University) ;
- Kwak, Eun-Jung (Dept. of Food Science and Technology, Yeungnam University)
- Published : 2009.02.28
Three kinds of grape yakju (Kyoho, Campbell and Moru) and grape-free control were fermented with rice using koji of Aspergillus kawachii as a fermenting agent, and their fermentation characteristics were investigated. For the three yakju, reducing sugar content decreased slowly over 2 days fermentation after an initial rapid decrease. In case of Brix, the reducing sugar content increased gradually after increasing rapidly during the first 2 days of fermentation. The Kyoho and Moru groups displayed a gradual increase in reducing sugar content after an initial 2-day decrease, and the sugar content of the Campbell group increased gradually during fermentation. Uniformly, pH increased gradually after an initial 2-day decrease, however total acid increased continuously throughout fermentation. Alcohol content of yakju showed almost no change after increasing until day 6 (Kyoho) of day 4 (others), with the control displaying the highest content. Control
- 국세청 (2000) 국세청 기술연구소 주류 분석 규정. pp 39-40.
- 국세청 (2007) 탁․약주 제조 교본. 국세청 기술연구소. pp 68-73.
- 이삼빈, 고경희, 양지영, 오성훈 (2002) 발효식품학. 효일, 서울. p 211.
- 채수규 (1998) 식품분석학. 지구문화사, 서울. p 125.
- AOAC (1990) Official Methods of Analysis 13th ed. Association of official analytical chemists, Washinton DC, USA. p 746.
- Bae IY, Yoon EJ, Woo JM, Kim JS, Lee HG, Yang CB (2002) The development of Korean traditional wine using the fruits of Opuntia ficus-indica var. saboten-Ⅰ. Characteristics of mash and sojues. J Korean Soc Agric Chem Biotechnol 45: 11-17.
- Bae SD, Bae SM, Kim JS (2004) Fermentation characteristics of rice-grape wine fermented with rice and grape. Korean J Food Sci Technol 36: 616-623.
- Bae SM, Lee YH, Lee MK, Kang SA, Cheong C (2008) Effects of traditional Nuruk ratio and yeast on the fermentation and quality of yakju. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life 18: 41-48.
- Bautista-Ortin AB, Fernandez-Fernandez JI, Lopez-Roca JM, Gomez- Plaza E (2007) The effects of enological practices in anthocyanin, phenolic compounds and wine colour their dependence on grape characteristics. J Food Anal 20: 546-552. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfca.2007.04.008
- Chan EWC, Lim YY, Omar M (2007) Antioxidant and antibacteral activity of leaves of Etlingera species (Zingiberaceae) in Penisular Malaysia. Food Chemistry 104: 1586-1593. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2007.03.023
- Choi SY, Cho HS, Kim HJ, Ryu CH, Lee JO, Sung NJ (2006) Physicochemical analysis and antioxidative effects of wild grape (Vitis coignetiea) juice and its wine. Korean J Food ＆ Nutr 19: 311-317.
- Jin TY, Kim ES, Eun JB, Wang SJ, Wang MH (2007) Changes in physicochemical and sensory characteristics of rice wine, Yakju prepared with different amount of red yeast rice. Korean J Food Sci Technol 39: 309-314.
- Jin TY, Wang MH, Yin Y, Eun JB (2008) Effect of Citrus junos peel on the quality and antioxidant activity of traditional rice wine, Jinyangju. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 37: 76-82. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2008.37.1.76
- Jin TY, Lee WG, Lee IS, Wang MH (2008) Changes of physicochemical, sensory and antioxidant activity characteristics in rice wine, Yakju added with different ratios of Codonopsis lanceolata. Korean J Food Sci Technol 40: 201-206.
- Jo YG, Kim JE (2008) Quality characteristics of wet noodles after addition of grape-peel power. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life 18: 822-828.
- Kim HW, Chu SM, Lee DJ (2006) Determination of resveratrol content in grape and wines. Korean J Crop Sci 51: 259-263.
- Kim IH, Kim SH, Kwon JH (2008) Fermentation characteristics of Yakju added with Acanthopanacis cortex extract. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 37: 521-527. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2008.37.4.521
- Kim JH, Jeong SC, Kim NM, Lee JS (2003) Effect of Indian millet Koji and Legumes on the quality and angiotensin I-converting enzyme inhibitory activity of Korean traditional rice wine. Korean J Food Sci Technol 35: 733-737.
- Kim JH, Lee JH, Kim HJ, Choi SY, Lee JS (2003) Effects of barley Koji and legumes on the quality and fibrinolytic activity of Korean traditional rice wine. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 32: 1066-1070. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2003.32.7.1066
- Kim JS, Kwak EJ, Lee YS (2006) Effect of on the quality characteristics of Korean traditional wines with the addition of rosemary(Rosemarinus officinalis L.). Korean J Food Cookery Sci 22: 914-922.
- Kim JY, Jang JS, Lee JW, Lee KT (2008) Flavor pattern analysis of imported wines using electronic nose system. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life 18: 14-21.
- Kim SY, Kim SK (1997) Winemaking from new wild grape. Korean J Food ＆ Nutr 10: 254-262.
- Lee DH, Park WJ, Lee BC, Lee JC, Lee DH, Lee JS (2005) Manufacture and physiological functionality of Korean traditional wine by using Gugija (Lycii fructus). Korean J Food Sci Technol 37: 789-794.
- Lee EN, Lee DH, Kim SB, Lee SW, Kim NM, Lee JS (2007) Effects of medicinal plants on the quality and physiological funtionalities of trditional ginseng wine. J Ginseng Res 31: 102-108. https://doi.org/10.5142/JGR.2007.31.2.102
- Lee JE, Shin YS, Sim JK, Kim SS, Koh KH (2002) Study on the color characteristics of Korean red. Korean J Food Sci Technol 34: 164-169.
- Lee JI, Jung JD, Lee JW, Ha YJ, Joo ST, Park GB (2008) Quality characteristics of pressed ham containing grape seed oil. J Anim Sci & Technol 50: 721-732. https://doi.org/10.5187/JAST.2008.50.5.721
- Lee KS, Kim GH, Kim HH, Lee CG, Lee JY, Lee HD, Oh MJ (2008) Manufacture and physiological functionality of Korean traditional alcoholic beverage by using lily (Lilium lancifolium) scales. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 37: 598-604. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2008.37.5.598
- Lee WY, Rhee CH, Woo CJ (2004) Changes of quality characteristics in brewing of Chungju (Sambaeju) supplemented with dried persimmon and Cordyceps sinenis. Korean J Food Preserv 11: 240-245.
- Miller GL (1959) Use of regent for determination of reducing sugar. Anal Chem 31: 426-428. https://doi.org/10.1021/ac60147a030
- Oh HI, Shon SH, Kim JM (2000) Changes in microflora and enzyme activities of Kochujang prepared with Aspergillus oryzae, Bacillus licheniformis and Saccharomyces rouxii during fermentation. J Korean Soc Food Technol 32: 410-428.
- Park SJ, Oh DH (2003) Free radical scavenging effect of seed and skin extracts of black olympia grape (Vitis labruscana L.). Korean J Food Sci Technol 35: 121-124.
- Ryu HY, Kum EJ, Bae KH, Kim YK, Kwun IS, Sohn HY (2007) Evaluation for the antimicrobioal, antioxidant and anti-thrombosis activity of Korean traditional liquors. Kor J Microbiol Biotechnol 35: 238-244.
- Seo JS, Lee JS, Byun GI, Kwak EJ (2008) Quality characteristics of Yakju fermented with wild grape and 4 kind of cereals. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 37: 1472-1478. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2008.37.11.1472
- So MH, Park SY, Kim SH, Oh HJ (1994) Conditions for the production of amylase and protease in making wheat flour nuruk by Aspergillus usamii mut, shirousamii S1. Korean J Food ＆ Nutr 7: 51-57.
- So MH (1995) Aptitudes for takju brewing of wheat flournuruks made with different mold species. Korean J Food ＆ Nutr 8: 6-12.
- So MH (1999) Characteristics of a modified nuruk made by inoculation of trditional nuruk microorganisms. Korean J Food ＆ Nutr 12: 219-225.
- So MH, Lee YS, Noh WS (1999) Changes in microorganisms and main components during takju brewing by a modified nuruk. Korean J Food ＆ Nutr 12: 226-232.
- Yang YJ, Hwang YS, Park YM (2007) Modified atmosphere packaging extends freshness of grapes 'Campbell Early' and 'Kyoho'. Kor J Hort Sci Technol 25: 138-144.
- Yook C, Seo MH, Kim DH, Kim JS (2007) Quality improvement of Campbell Early wine by mixing with different fruits. Korean J Food Sci Technol 39: 390-399.