- Volume 9 Issue 3
In this paper, we propose a novel hardware architecture to facilitate the applicable SoC chip design of H.264/SVC which has a great deal of advancement in the international standardization in recent. Moreover, a new C-model simulator based on the proposed hardware system will be presented to support optimal SoC circuit development. Since the proposed SVC decoder is consist of some hardware engine for processing of major decoding tools and core processor for software processing, the system is simply implemented with the conventional embedded system. To improve the feasibility and applicability, and reduce the decoder complexity, the hardware decoder architecture is constructed with only the consideration of IPPP structure scalability without using the full B-picture. Finally, we present results of decoder hardware implementation and decoded picture to show the effectiveness of the proposed hardware architecture and C-model simulator.
- H. Schwarz, D. Marpe, and T. Wiegand, "Overview of the Scalable Video Coding Extension of the H.264/AVC Standard," IEEE Trans. on Circuits and Video Tech., Vol.17, No.9, pp.1103-1120, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCSVT.2007.905532
- Y. K. Wang, M. M. Hannuksela, "System and Transport Interface of SVC," IEEE Trans. on Circuits and Video Tech., Vol.17, No.9, pp.1149-1163, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCSVT.2007.906827
- M. Wien, H. Schwarz, and T. Oelbaum, "Performance Analysis of SVC," IEEE Trans. on Circuits and Video Tech., Vol.17, No.9, pp.1194-1203, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCSVT.2007.905530
- P. Amon, T. Rathgen, and D. Singer, "File Format for Scalable Video coding," IEEE Trans. on Circuits and Video Tech., Vol.17, No.9, pp.1174-1185, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCSVT.2007.905521
- D. W. Song and C. W. Chen, "Scalable H.264/AVC Video Transmission Over MIMO Wireless System With Adaptive Channel Selection Based on Partial Channel Information," IEEE Trans. on Circuits and Video Tech., Vol.17, No.9, pp.1218-1226, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCSVT.2007.905531
- L. Weiping, "Overview of Fine Granularity Scalability in MPEG-4 Video Standard," IEEE Trans. on Circuits and Video Tech., Vol.11, No.3, pp.301-317, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/76.911157
- Miheala van der Schaar and H. Radha, "A Hybrid Temporal-SNR Fine-Granular Scalability for Internet Video," IEEE Trans. on Circuits and Video Tech., Vol.11, No.3, pp.318-331, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/76.911158
- P. N.Josep, G. W. Cook, and E. J. Delp, "An Analysis of the Efficiency of Different SNR-Scalable Strategies for Video Coders," IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, Vol.15, No.4, pp.848-864, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIP.2005.863938
- Joint Draft ITU-T Rec. H.264/ISO/IEC- 14496-10/Amd.3 Scalable Video Coding, JVT-X201.doc, 2007.
- 정차근, 길대남, "C-모델 시뮬레이터 기반 H.264/SVC 복호기 시스템 구현", 한국콘텐츠학 회 논문지, Vol.9, No.2, 2009(2) https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2009.9.2.027