- Volume 9 Issue 3
The Spectrum Sensing technology is the core technology of the Cognitive Radio (CR) system that is one of the future wireless communication technologies. This is the technology that temporarily allocates the frequency bandwidth by scanning surrounding wireless environments to keep licensed terminals and search the unused frequency bandwidth. In this paper, we implement the efficient Spectrum Sensing methods based on CR technology in an embedded board. The DVB-H signal with the 6MHz bandwidth is used as the RF input signal. And we confirm the Spectrum Sensing result using Modified Periodogram Method, Welch's Method, SCF Method. And also, We examine the execution speed of each of detailed functions and the performance of Spectrum Sensing methods on TI320C6416 DSP board inserted in an embedded board.
- D. Cabric, S. M. Mishra, and R. W. Brodersen, "Implementation issues in spectrum sensing for cognitive radios," Proc. IEEE Signal, Systems and Computers Conference, Vol.1, pp.772-776, 2004(11). https://doi.org/10.1109/ACSSC.2004.1399240
- Federal Communications Commission (FCC), "Spectrum policy task force", Rep. ET Docket, No.02-135, Nov. 2002.
- Federal Communications Commission (FCC), "Notice of proposed rule making," ET Docket, No.04-113, 2004(5).
- J. Mitola, "Cognitive Radio for flexible mobile multimedia communications," Proc. of IEEE Workshop on Mobile Multimedia Comm., pp.3-10, 1999(11). https://doi.org/10.1109/MOMUC.1999.819467
- C. Stevenson, 'unctional requirements for the 802.22 WRAN standard," IEEE 802.22 Draft, 2006(2).
- Mitola, "Cognitive Radio for Flexible Mobile Multimedia Communications," IEEE Mobile Multimedia Conference, pp.3-10, 1999(11). https://doi.org/10.1109/MOMUC.1999.819467
- Karsten Vandborg Sorensen and Soren Vang Andersen, "Noise Power Spectral Density Estimation From Noisy Speech Using On-line Trained Hidden Markov Models," Department of Communication Technology, Aalborg University.
- N. R. Lomb, "Least-squares frequency analysis of unequally spaced data," Astrophysics and Space Science, Vol.39, pp.447-462, 1976. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00648343
- P. D. Welch, "The Use of Fast Fourier Transform for the Estimation of Power Spectra: A Method Based on Time Averaging Over Short, Modified Periodograms," IEEE Transactions on Audio Electroacoustics, Vol.15, pp.70-73, 1967(6). https://doi.org/10.1109/TAU.1967.1161901
- J. Goerlich and D. A. Bruckner, "Signal Analysis Using Spectral Correlation Measurement," IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement, Technology Conference, Vol.2, pp.1313-1318, 1998(5). https://doi.org/10.1109/IMTC.1998.676961
- W. A. Gardner, "Spectral correlation of modulated signals : Part I-analog modulation," IEEE Trans. Communication, Vol.35, pp.584-594, 1987(6). https://doi.org/10.1109/TCOM.1987.1096820