- Volume 9 Issue 3
This research started with the objective to clarify how policemen are affected by promotion by test among promotion system of police which is one of the very important factors deciding the efficiency of organization through morale of policemen and which is mentioned as a factor that raises morale of policeman. The job of police is the ground of life for policemen and the place of opportunity where they can find and develop the ego. Though it is difficult to perfectly realize diverse values and desires of individuals in the organizational society which is ruled by plural values, the organization is still responsible for grasping the desire and value of individual for organization and satisfying them to the minimal level. Nobody is free from stress in the past, present and future. That is, stress can be seen as a phenomenon that inevitably occurs in any occupation and environment. The stress factor of policeman in the organization that has been discussed all the time is the deficient opportunities of promotion. Thus, it is most important to manage the stress of members in the organization so as to efficiently operate police organization. If the factor of stress perceived by the members can be grasped and diminished, the efficiency of business will be increased. The objective of this research is to reduce the stress of policemen suffering in the test promotion system by analyzing the recognition of members, to find the method reducing stress by performing empirical research and to prepare alternatives in policy in the aspect of human resources in police and management of organization.
- S. Hans, "The Stress of Police Walk," Police Stress, pp.5-18, 1978.
- J. R. P. French, S. Cobb, and J. R., W. Rogers, "Adjustment as Person Environment Fit" in G. V. Coelho, D. A. Hanburg, and J. F. Adams, ed., Coping and Adoption, New York : Basic Book, p.62, 1972.
- 한상암, 경찰공무원의 스트레스에 관한 연구, "행정논집",30: pp.214-215, 2004.
- 이황우,"경찰행정학". 서울: 법문사. p.358, 2008.
- S. Hans, "The Stress of Police Walk," Police Stress, p.7, 1978.
- M. J. Davidson and A. Veno, "Police stress: a multicultural, interdisciplinary review and perspective," Abstracts on Police Science, Vol.6. pp.187-199
- Petrone, S. and Reiser, M. (1985), "Ahome visit program for stressed police officers," The Police Chief, Vol.52. pp.187-190
- Reese, M. (1986), "Policing the violent society: the American experience," Stress Medicine, Vol.2, pp.36-37
- Violaanti, J. M. and Aron, F. (1994), "ranking police stressors," Psychological Reports, Vol.75
- Webb, S. D. and Smith, D. L. (1980), "Police stress: AA conceptual overview," Journal of Police Studies, Vol.8, pp.251-257.
- D. L. Conroy and K. M. Hess, (1992), Officers at Risk: How to Identify and Cope with Stress, Custom Publishing, Cincinnati, OH
- Crank, J. P. and Caldero, M. (1991), "The production of occupational stress in medium-sized police agencies: a survey of line officers in eight municipal department," Journal of Criminal Justice, Vol.19 https://doi.org/10.1016/0047-2352(91)90031-P
- Violaanti, J. M. and F. Aron, "ranking police stressors," Psychological Reports, Vol.75, 1994.
- F. Aron, "An analysis of sources of police stress," Master's thesis, Russell Sage Collage, Albany, NY
- Zhao,J. ,Lovrich, N.P., Gaffney, M. J. Smith, M. and Spokane, P. D. (2003), Commissioned Employee Survey: General Findings, Washington State University, Division of Departmental Studies and Services, Pullman, WA, 1992.
- 이황우, "경찰행정학". 서울: 법문사. pp.362-363, 2008.
- 경찰청 경무기획국 인사과, 국회제출자료, 2007.
- 경찰청, "2007 업무설명회 자료집", 2007. 10. 5.