- Volume 9 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Effect of Pelvic Tilting and the Back-belt on Electromyographic Activity of Erector Spinae During Lifting
골반경사 방향과 허리벨트 착용이 물건 들고 일어서기 시 척추기립근의 활동전위에 미치는 영향
- Published : 2009.03.28
The purpose of this study were to examine the effect of two different pelvic alignments and the back belt on electromyographic(EMG) activity of the erector spinae during lifting. The results were as follows: 1) EMG activity of erector spinae was greater when the pelvis was tilted anteriorly than when the pelvis was tilted posteriorly during lifting. 2) EMG activity of erector spinae was greater when the back belt than when without the back belt during lifting. These results suggest that the greater EMG activity of erector spinae with an anterior pelvic tilt position and with back belt during lifting may ensure optimal muscular support for the spine while handling loads.
- B. Sarwar, G. Karypis, and J. Konstanb, Analysis of Recommendation Agorithms for E-Commerce, The ACM E-Commerce 2000 Conf., 2000.
- 한국산업안전공단, 2003년 산업재해원인조사, 2005.
- 대한산업안전협, 인력운반작업의 재해예방, 2007.
- G. Leivseth and B. Drerup, "Spinal shrinkage during work in a sitting posture compared to work in a standing posture," Clinical biomechanics, Vol.12, No.7/8 pp.409-418, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0268-0033(97)00046-6
- S. Himbury. Kinetic Method of Manual Handling in Industry, Geneva, Switzerl and: International Labour Office,"1967.
- National Safety Council, "Human kinetics and lifting," National Safety News, Vol.103, pp.44-47, 1971.
- P. Dolan, M. Earley, and A. Adams, "Bending and compressive stresses acting on the lumbar spine during lifting activities," J Biomech, Vol.27, pp.1237-1244, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1016/0021-9290(94)90277-1
- R. S. Delitto and S. J. Rose, "An electromyographic analysis of two techniques for squat lifting and lowering," Phys Ther, Vol.72, pp.438-448, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1093/ptj/72.6.438
- H. F. Farfan and C. Lamy, Mathematical model of the soft tissue of the lumbarspine. In: Buerger AA, Tobis JS, eds, Approaches to the validation of Manipulation Theory, Springfield, III:Charles C Thomas, Publisher, 1977.
- S. M. McGill and R. W. Norman, "Partitioning of the L4-L5 dynamic moment into disc, ligamentous and muscularcomponents during lifting," Spine, Vol.11, pp.666-678, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1097/00007632-198609000-00004
- J. T. Carter and L. N. Birrell, Occupational health guidelines for the management of low back pain at work - principle recommendation Faculty of Occupational Medicine, Royal College of Physicians, London, 2000.
- M. V. Poppel, The prevention of low back pain in industry PhD thesis, Vrife Universiteit, Amsterdam. Netherlands, 1999.
- R. Op De Beeck and P. Vertongen, "Ceintures dorsales: "Protection" ou "danger" pour le dos Promosafe," Vol.2, pp.31-33, 1995.
- C. R. Reddell, J. J. Congleton, R. D. Huchinson, and J. F. Mongomery, "An evaluation of weightlifting belt and back injury prevention training class for airline baggage handlers," Appl Ergon, Vol.23, pp.319-329, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1016/0003-6870(92)90293-5
- 김민희, 이정아, 정도영, 정민예, "물건 들기 시허리벨트 착용에 따른 하지와 허리의 근활성도 및 각도 비교", Korean J Occup Environ Med, Vol.17, No.4, pp.259-266, 2005.
- 구혜란, 이상식, 문정환, "들어올리기 동작에서 상자크기와 척추근의 상관관계", 바이오시스템공학, Vol.29, No.6, pp.531-538, 2004. https://doi.org/10.5307/JBE.2004.29.6.531
- L. Tzu-Hsien, Minimal acceptable handing time intervals for ligting and lower tasks, Applied Ergonomics, pp.1-6. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0003-6870(03)00050-4
- C. Kisner and L. A Colby, Therapeutic exercise, F.A. Davis Company, 2002.
- 노정석, 이충휘, 정보인, 이영희, "골반경사방향과 발살바기법이 물건 들어 올리기와 내리기 시척 추기립근의 활동전위에 미치는 영향", 한국전문 물리치료학회지, Vol.15, No.1, pp.30-43, 1998.
- J. Perry, Gait Analysis: Normal and pathological function, New Jersey, Slack Inc, pp.381-411, 1992.
- G. B. Anderson, R. Ortengren, and P. Herberts. "Quantitative electromyographic studies of back muscle activity related toposture and loading," Orthop Clin North Am, Vol.8, No.1, pp.85-96, 1977.
- S. B. O'sullivan and T. J. Schmitz, Physical ehabilitation, F.A. Davis Company, 2007.
- R. Shepherd and J. Carr, "Reflections on physiotherapy nd the emerging science of movement rehabilitation," Aust J Physiother, Vol.40, pp.39-47, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0004-9514(14)60622-X
- R. S. Delitto, S. J. Rose, and D. W. Apts, 'Electromyographic analysis of two techniques for squat lifting," Phys Ther, Vol.67, No.13, pp.29-1334, 1987.
- D. L. Hart, T. J. Stobbe, and M. Jaraiedi, 'Effect of lumbar posture on lifting, Spine," Vol.12, pp.138-145, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1097/00007632-198703000-00009
- R. Aspden, "The spine as an arch: A new mathematical model, spine," Vol.14, pp.266-274, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1097/00007632-198903000-00005
- G. Earle-Richardson, P. Jenkins, S. Fulmer, C. Mason, and P. Burdick, "An Ergonomic intervention to reduce back strain among apple harvest workers in New York State," Appl Ergonomics, Vol.36, pp.327-334, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apergo.2004.12.003
- C. Ammendolia, M. S. Kerr, and C. Bombardier, "Back belts use for prevention of occupational low back pain: A systematic review," J Manipulative Physiol Ther, Vol.28, No.2, pp.128-134, 2003.
- National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), Workplace use of back belts: Review and Recommendations. Department of Health and Human Service, DHHS(IOSH) Cincinnati, Ohio, pp.94-122, 1994.
- S. McGill, Update on the use of back belts in industry: More data-same conclusions. In : W. Karwowski, W. Marras, (des) Occupational Ergonomics Handboo," Boca Raton (Fla), CRC Press, 1999.
- M. S. Perkins and D. S. Bloswick, "The use of back belts to increase intraabdominal pressure as a means of preventing low back injuries: A survey of the literature," Int J Occup Environ Health, Vol.1, pp.326-35, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1179/oeh.19184.108.40.2066
- J. S. Thomas, S. A. Lavender, D. M. Corcos, and G. B. Andersson, 'Efect of lifting belt on trunk muscle activation during a suddenly applied load, Hum Factors," Vol.41, No.4, pp.670-676, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1518/001872099779656662
- J. Cholewicki, K. Juluru, A. Radebold, M. M. Panjabi, and S. M. McGill, "Lumbar spine stability can be augmented with an abdominal belt and/or increased intra-abdominal pressure," Eur Spine J, Vol.8, pp.388-95, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1007/s005860050192
- Influence of the Lumbar Spine Adjustment using the Lumbar Roll Support on Head and Neck Posture in Older Adults vol.11, pp.12, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2011.11.12.800
- Development of compression garment of soft type for orthotherapy on low back pain and the improvement of asymmetric EMG vol.23, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5934/kjhe.2014.23.4.665