- Volume 9 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Design and Implementation of Communication Mechanism between External Educational Contents and LAMS
LAMS와 외부 교육용 콘텐츠간의 통신 메커니즘의 설계 및 구현
- 박찬 (충북대학교 정보산업공학과) ;
- 정석인 (충북대학교 정보산업공학과) ;
- 한철동 (충북대학교 정보산업공학과) ;
- 성동욱 (충북대학교 정보통신공학과) ;
- 유재수 (충북대학교 정보통신공학과) ;
- 유관희 (충북대학교 정보산업공학과)
- Published : 2009.03.28
LAMS(learning activity management system) is one of the useful tools for designing and managing effectively the learning activities such as web search, chat, forum, grouping, and board. Even if LAMS has been upgraded to support the methods for making e-Learning contents conveniently, it does not have a method to communicate with external educational contents (EEC) made by external tools like Flash, Java, Visual C++, and so on. LAMS, which has been operated on Web environment, should manage all EECs like video and dynamic educational contents as educational contents in LAMS database. However, the current LAMS does not support the functionalities which can provide information of EECs to LAMS database and can also access any information about EECs from the database yet. In this paper, we propose the communication mechanism between the LAMS and EECs for solving the problem. In special, the mechanism makes many statistical data by using the information, and provides them for reflecting in education, and can control various learning management that was impossible under the original LAMS. Based on the proposed mechanism, teachers using LAMS can make more various educational contents and can manage them in the system.
- P. Andrew, LAMSTM - Learning Activity Management System, 2004(7).
- M. Gord, SCORM 2004 Primer: A (Mostly) Painless Introduction to SCORM V, 2004(8).
- D. James and Lessons from LAMS: The highs and lows of going open source, Presentaton for OSS Watch "Open Source and Sustainability," conference, 2004(4).
- D. Bronwen, "Designing LAMS templates for medical education," The 2nd International LAMS Conference, 2007(12).
- R. Brown and W. Eis, 'aculty development initiative: acquisition and support of course management software," Journal of Computing Sciences in Colleges, Vol.18, No.4, pp.191-199, 2003.
- N. Ehsan and M. Nasser, "Design consideration and implementation issues while developing SCORM compatible contents," The 2nd International LAMS Conference, 2007(12).
- K. H. Yoo, J.Y. Cho, S. J. Lee, Y. H. Park, D. O. Seong, and J. S. Yoo, "Design and Implementation of Learning Courses for Korean School Students using LAMS," The 2nd International LAMS Conference, 2007(12).
- L. Cameron, Using LAMS to facilitate an effective program of ICT instruction, The 2nd European LAMS Conference, 2007(12).
- L. Cameron, Picture this: My Lesson. How LAMS is being used with preservice teachers to develop effective classroom activities. The First International LAMS Conference, 2006(12).
- B. Dave and B. Reuben, "Comparison of Two Learning management Systems: Moodle vs Blackboard," Concise Paper, 2004.
- Development of an On-line Consultant Training System for Consulting-Supervision vol.14, pp.7, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.07.018