- Volume 9 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Performance Analysis of IEEE 802.11n System adapting Frame Aggregation Methods
Frame Aggregation 기법을 적용한 IEEE 802.11n 시스템 성능 분석
- Published : 2009.12.28
IEEE 802.11n is an ongoing next-generation WLAN(Wireless Local Area Network) standard that supports a very high-speed connection with more than 100Mb/s data throughput measured at the MAC(Medium Access Control) layer. Study trends of IEEE 802.11n show two aspects, enhanced data throughput using aggregation among packets in MAC layer, and better data rates adapting MIMO(Multiple-Input Multiple-Output) in PHY(Physical) layer. But, the former doesn't consider wireless channel and the latter doesn't consider aggregation among packets for reality. Therefore, this paper analyzes data throughput for IEEE 802.11n considering MAC and PHY connection. A-MPDU(Aggregation-MAC Protocol Data Unit) and A-MSDU(Aggregation-MAC Service Unit) is adapted considering multi-service in MAC layer, WLAN MIMO TGn channel using SVD(Singular Value Decomposition) is adapted considering MIMO and wireless channel in PHY layer. Consequently, Simulation results shows throughput between A-MPDU and A-MSDU. Also, We use Ns-2(Network simulator-2) for reality.
IEEE 802.11n;A-MPDU;A-MSDU;WLAN MIMO TGn Channel
- 송경희, 최은경, 이석규, 방승찬, "IEEE 802.11n 차세대 무선랜 기술 동향", 한국통신학회, 제23권 제6호, pp.54-60, 2006(6).
- 박성우, 정보통신부 전파방송정책국 전파이용제도과, "초고속 광대역 무선 서비스 활성화 방향", 전파특집-차세대 무선랜, 2005(1).
- F. Riera-Palou and G. Femenias, "Improving STBC Performance in IEEE 802.11n Using Group-Orthogonal Frequency Diversity," Wireless Commu 2008, pp.193-198, 2008(4). https://doi.org/10.1109/WCNC.2008.39
- C. Zhou and H. Suzuki, "Performance of 802.11n WLAN with Transmit Antenna Selection in Measured Indoor Channels," Communication Theory Workshop 2008, pp.139-143, 2008(2). https://doi.org/10.1109/AUSCTW.2008.4460836
- P. Fei, Z. Jinyun, and W. E. Ryan, "Adaptive Modulation and Coding for IEEE 802.11n," Wireless Commu 2008, pp.655-661, 2007(3) . https://doi.org/10.1109/WCNC.2007.126
- N. Huaning and N. Chiu, "Diversity and Multiplexing Switching in 802.11n MIMO Systems," Signals, Systems and Computers 2006, pp.1644-1648, 2006(10). https://doi.org/10.1109/ACSSC.2006.355038
- B. S. Kim, H. Y. Hwang, and D. K. Sung, "Effect of Frame Aggregation on the Throughput Performance of IEEE 802.11n," Wireless Commu 2008, pp.1740-1744, 2008(4). https://doi.org/10.1109/WCNC.2008.310
- B. Ginzburg, "Performance Analysis of A -MPDU and A -MSDU Aggregation in IEEE 802.11n," Sarnoff Symposium 2007, pp.1-5, 2007(5). https://doi.org/10.1109/SARNOF.2007.4567389
- Y. W. Kuo, "Throughput Analysis for Wireless LAN with frame aggregation under mixed traffic", IEEE Region Conference 2007, pp.1-4, 2007(11). https://doi.org/10.1109/TENCON.2007.4428817
- Y. S. Yoo, J. D. Huh, and Sensor Networking Application Team, ETRI "Priority based 802.11e EDCA Algorithm and Performance Evaluation for Multimedia Data Transfer", 제4회 정보통신 표준화 우수논문집, pp.26-43, 2008(1).
- D. Skordoulis, N. Qiang, H. H. Chen, A. P. Stephens, L. Changwen, and A. Jamalipour, "IEEE 802.11n MAC frame aggregation mechanism for nextgeneration high-throughput WLANs," IEEE Wireless Commu, Vol.15. pp.40-47, 2008(2). https://doi.org/10.1109/MWC.2008.4454703
- J. Lorincz and D. Begusic, "Physical Layer Analysis of Emerging IEEE 802.11n WLAN Standard," Advanced Commu 2006, Vol.1, pp.186-194, 2006(2). https://doi.org/10.1109/ICACT.2006.205949
- 정현구, 이광천, "차세대 이동통신 무선 채널모델 연구동향", 전자통신 동향분석, 제21권, 제3호, pp.59-70, 2006(6).
- 이윤호, 김주석, 최진규, 김경석, "Ns-2 기반의 SVD-MIMO 방식을 적용한 IEEE 802.11n 시스템 분석", 한국멀티미디어학회, 제12권, 제8호, 2009(8).
- "Joint Proposal Team PHY Simulation Results," IEEE P802.11 Wireless LANs, 2006(1).
- IEEE 802.11n/D6.0 Draft Amendment - Part11:Wrreless LAN Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) specifications, Amendment 5 : Enhancements for Higher Throughput, 2008(7).