- Volume 9 Issue 12
In this paper, we proposed an effective multicast causal order algorithm with hand-off protocol for mobile networks. Since the size of control informations needed to enforce message transfer order has much influence on the performance of hand-off and message transfer in mobile networks, size of control information need to be minimized. We reduced the size of control information by analyzing all the valid communication patterns and pruning redundant information not required to enforce causal order as early as possible, and used hand-off protocol which requires minimal amount of control information to be transferred. By simulation, we found that the proposed algorithm showed better performance than other existing algorithms.
Causal Order;Hand-off;Mobile Networks
- S. Alagar and S. Venktesan, "Causal Ordering in Distributed Mobile Systems," IEEE Trans. on Computers, Vol.46, No.3, pp.353-361, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/12.580430
- K. Birman, A. Schiper, and P. Stephenson, "Lightweight Causal Atomic Group Multicast," ACM Trans. on Computer Systems, Vol.9, No.3, pp.272-314, Aug. 1991. https://doi.org/10.1145/128738.128742
- W. Cai, B. Lee, and J. Zhou, "Causal Order Delivery in a Multicast Environment: An Improved Algorithm," Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, Vol.62, pp.111-131, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1006/jpdc.2001.1774
- I. Jang, "A Efficient Causal Order Algorithm for Mobile Networks," Proc. of ICCC2008, Hangzhou, China, pp.584-593, 2008(12).
- I. Jang, J. Cho, and H. Yoon, "An Efficient Causal Multicast Algorithm for Distributed System," IEICE Trans. on Information and Systems, Vol.E81-D, No.1, pp.27-36, 1998.
- A. Kshemkalyani and M. Singhal, "An Optimal Algorithm for Generalized Causal Message Ordering," in Proc. 15th Symposium on PODC, pp.87-94, 1996(5).
- R. Prakash, M. Raynal, and M. Singhal, "An Efficient Causal Ordering Algorithm for Mobile Computing Environments," in Proc. 16th ICDCS, pp.744-751, 1996(5).
- M. Raynal, A. Schiper, and S. Toueg, "The Causal Ordering Abstraction and a Simlple Way to Implement It," Information Processing Letter, Vol.39, pp.343-350, 1991(9). https://doi.org/10.1016/0020-0190(91)90008-6
- A. Tanenbaum and M. Steen, Distributed Systems: Principles and Paradigms, 2nd ed., Prentice Hall, 2007.